Chapter 19. Piece Of Hair

"Scott how could you?!" Was the first thing Jenifer said the next day when the children came.
Scott and I were eating breakfast oatmeal while watching news on politics that morning. We were on the couch. I like to hear when I watch the politics, so I appreciate Scott being rather quiet. So unlike himself. When Jenifer said what she said, Scott sat up. "I didn't do anything!" He retorted. Jenifer walked into the room, her cheeks were nearly a shade of red, she wiped her Golden curls. "Scott your father killed Mrs Conalie's daughter and you never told us!" Scott's mouth was sield shut. His eyes were narrow and he turned red. Christopher and Phillip jumped on the couch. "Is it true? Your Dad killed Mrs Conalie's daughter?" Christopher gasped. "However did you find out?" I ask Jenifer. "I watched the news yesterday and they said Leo Blue. Scott's last name is Blue and he is like Scott, brown hair and brown eyes and dirty." She shivered.
I almost didn't know what to think. Every day I learn something about the random kids I take care of, but this is past the something level. "This is why Scott wouldn't talk about his personal life!" Christopher Yapped. Scott had a nervous sweat. "Children, you should probably just mind your business." I suggested looking at everyone's eyes. All different colors, but all completely the same emotion. Exremely fearful, yet furious. "Scott." Jenifer said in an extremely mature voice as she sat next to Scott on the furniture and forced her eyes to look into his. "Scott, you are not safe. Not safe at all. You Scott, you have a Father who killed Mrs Conalie's daughter. Perri would've gotten married to Nicholas Espcu. O, Chris and Phil would've had Perri as a Step Mother. Nicholas had the woman he loved so dearly, and now she's dead. Dead because of your Father."
I was paying more attention to that mature statement then the fabric I was sewing. I didn't want to look at their faces though. Jenifer really came out of her shell this summer, now I fear her shell is almost gone, yet Scott and the Espcu's never had a shell to begin with. I didn't realize I was crying untill my vision got blury and my glasses because wet.
I got over it while doing laundry and Christopher and Phillip were playing uno like civilized children. The room was bright with the sunlight breaking through the window. The door opened and I heard two sounds of footsteps. I look down at the white socks, then the tangerine lace dress and the curly Golden hair. "Hello Jenifer." I said simply. She drew a long sad breath. "Scott's missing." She sad very quietly. "Okay." Was my response. "Scott is missing!" She cried.

It can't be possible can it? I have two kids missing somewhere in the world, and I got Mr Espcu constantly on my case. While driving around LA, I was deep in thought. "Mrs Conalie, you got to call the police!" Yelled Jenifer in the passenger seat. "Why should I do something overly risky like that?" I ask in response. "Because you have to!" She answered. I couldn't call the police. I would make it extremely obvious that I lost another kid. I always have Mr Espcu on my mind. He just doesn't think I'm good at taking care of children, all because of Perri's death which really is out of the question, and again he doesn't completely trust me with his grandchildren. I know if he finds out about how I lost another child, he will be too scared to let me take care of Christopher and Philip.
"I got to admit that this is Jenifer's fault." Phillip said, anger cornering with tone of voice. Jenifer didn't reply, she was too in thought. "I think Jenifer and her sass may have really crushed Scott's soul, so yeah. An accurate statement." I say while nodding.

I took Christopher's yesterday advice. Olivia can be in the book. The one about the Tragedy Of The Cursed Pool.
The kids sat at the table in Mr Peachfuz's kitchen area. They all give eachother death stares and it drives me nuts. "Hey Children, your not playing uno, this is crazy stuff we're talking about. Enough with the death stares and sit up!" I tell the kids. They all straightened up. Mr Peachfuz rolled off his bed onto the floor. "Evangeline have you ever used a cane. Like an elderly cane?" He asked in his faded and drifted voice. "I know I'm not good at walking, but I have to tell you something."
"Okay."
"I think I know something who is trapped in the book!"
Mr Peachfuz's eyes lit up. "Well, when someone enters the book they don't stay for long. Only about ten minutes, of course if they aren't wise, they would go poof."
"You mentioned that the one night you figured out two people went into the book." I tell him.
"Yes, I saw the light. I didn't see the people though. I couldn't tell."
"Will you assume that one of them might be a child with the name Olivia Espcu? She went missing that night." I said nervously. Mr Peachfuz randomly tapped his fingers on the end table. I couldn't tell if he was impatient, or board, but the noise made me nervous. Nervous like when we were trapped in the rabbit hole. The thought that Olivia could be dead is horrorfying. "You Know what, actually I have a mysterious clue." Mr Peachfuz said slowly as he slowly approached his cabinet. We all watched him as his slow hands took something off the cabinet and I couldn't actually tell what it was. He put the strain of hair in the white table. I straightened my glasses because I can't see very well. "Was that strain of hair left from the night the two people who went into the book?" Questions Christopher. "Yes." Was Mr Peachfuz's straight answer. I examind the piece of hair. It was dark brown like Olivia's. It could be anyone dark brown hair person really. "These people never left the book?" I asked. Mr Peachfuz shrugged. "My God if Olivia went poof, kill me. Please kill me. Kill me before I see the reaction of Mr Espcu and Nicholas and his surfer fiance Autumn Brownski." I say shakily. Mr Peachfuz held up a finger. "I have to think about it first." He seemed calm today, then he looks out the window. "It's a lovely day out, the sun, the flowers...." he said distractedly. "Mr Peachfuz what do we do?" Said Philip who managed to snap Mr Peachfuz back to reality. "Well, we have to go to the Witch's house." Mr Peachfuz replied as he stretches his back.