Chapter 22. Family photos and the Uber Bus

The runway models do some of the weirdest struts ever. It was a foot and then they cross the other foot over. If you see a normal person doing that, you should be concerned because it isn't natural. Phillip was not paying attention to the runway models, because was interested in his hat he was knitting. Christopher was crazy at this point. He sat in a way that made me uncomfortable. He sat with his legs crossed against the wall, his hands crossed over his knees, and his head was upside down. "Your a human Christopher, start sitting like one." I hissed. He obeyed, but he slouched. Slouching doesn't irritate me, but it's something that uninterested kids do.... and Christopher is very interested in everything, so I don't understand why he slouches so often.
  I get board of the late night fashion show because everyone seems to be wearing large shoes and it's hard to look at. I look at the clock to notice it was one minute untill eleven o clock. "Well, Jenifer can't really find her way back can she?" I say to the kids. They ignore me.
  There was a knock on the door. I shot a look at the boys and they act as if the door never made such a noise. I went up to it. I almost stumble, but Christopher and Phillip help me walk.
  I slowly open the door and the light of my living room shines to the darkness. I say in a tired voice "What are you doing up so late at night?" Then I see many stars sprinkled around and sky, then I recognized the woman standing in front of me. "Good evening." She said briskly and cheerfully. She was a tall, thin, the librarian from the library. She was very typical with her bun on her head and round glasses on her face, but I garentee she's about as boring as beans. "I'm afraid that you may know Olivia Espcu?" She questioned quietly. To my amazement, Olivia Espcu stepped into view. I almost didn't recognize her at first because her hair was down, it was usually in a scrunchie. She had on another one of her preppy black dresses, her white lace socks and dress shoes. THANK GOD she's not dead. 
She looked up at me. The look in her eyes told me that she was almost scared to walk in. "You could come in." I say boardly. She came in and looked at her brothers with her lips sealed tight and her eyes just looked angry. "Olivia's Espcu you listen to me! You better listen to me, you crazy child!" Olivia gave me a cold stare. "DON'T RUN AWAY LIKE THAT AGAIN! DON'T YOU EVER THINK ABOUT DOING SOMETHING LIKE-" I never felt so angry in my life, but she interrupted me. "Mrs Conalie, I did it cause I had to." She said loudly yet stiffly. It was the Espcu in her, interrupting people. She sat on the furniture and looked sort of sad. At least her eyes did. I tried to be calm. I was just infuriated I guess. I just had to keep the children under control, especially with Mr Espcu on my case. "Hey you know how your Grandfather is! I always run into him, and that old man just follows, and spies and wears black, and now he's... trying to get you children back at the summer camp and-"
"No Mrs Conalie, no, I'm not going to the summer camp." Olivia's said with complete horror.
Then I hear a "Shhhhhhhh!" It was the librarian and her mellow voice then said "Olivia found the basement in the library and stayed until I found her." Christopher and Phillip were shocked at that and crowded the poor child. "Is it true? You lived in the Library?" That was Phillip. "It was the day we went into the book wasn't it?" That was Christopher. The Librarian gave me a very calm and collected smile. "It wasn't even that many days ago. At midnight Olivia came to the library to basically run away from her problems." She explained as she sat on the furniture as if it was her own house. "You're open at midnight?" I ask in shock. She nods and glanced at Olivia, but spoke to me as I stood there. "Olivia asked if I had a book about getting people to stop avoiding. I hated to tell her that we didn't have that book anymore, nearly half of Mr Peachfuz's advice novels were illegal, so I took her to Mr Peachfuz's apartment because I happen to know where it is. We snuck in through the open window. You see, he was sleeping. We searched every book on his shelf, we scanned a lot of them, but we got stuck in The Tragedy Of The Cursed Pool for a while."
"We thought so." I say waspishly. "So, you were wise enough to solve the riddle and get out?" Questioned Christopher as more curiosity grows in his eyes. "I was. I don't know about her." Said the Librarian giving Olivia's a glare. "Then, I snuck into the library. I couldn't go back to your house Mrs Conalie. I'm sorry, it's not you, it's Scott!" She fretted. I let out a long and exhausted sigh. "You had me worried." I say so firmly with every firm I had.  "An hour ago I went up to the basement, and sleeping in the old bed.... was this girl." The Librarian Uttered, this time more salty. "But... the old books, like the really old books were up there! I would rather be reading the correct way then having to play uno with Scott! Not to mention, his Father killed-" Olivia began. "Child calm down." I say.
"Okay." Olivia breathed.
"Yeah, and get your facts straight. You win uno every time so Scott shouldn't concern you." I tell her. She closed her eyes. I think she might've rolled her eyes under the lids, but she probably doesn't want to look bad.
  I watch the Librarian turn to walk away, with a satisfied hop in her step. "You should keep your basement more hidden." I said flatter then a pancake that has been ran over by a surf board. That made her turn around and say "I don't think so." Then she scurried away.