Chapter 4. Phoenix

Benjamin Sausage and I landed on a dark and hard floor. It was so dark, that I was only able to see Benjamin Sausage's silhouette. He stood up and looked around. "What is this place?" I fretted as I came to my feet.
  We just jumped into a fountain, but this dark and echoey place had no wetness at all. My frizzy hair still felt dry. 
  I almost jumped in fear as Benjamin Sausage pulled out a flash light from the pocket of his white gown.  He shinned the light on my face leading to me saying "Stop that!" Then he shinned it on a wooden door. The door looked very secret. How did I get myself into this? The wooden door had a lock on it. "A lock." Whispered Benjamin Sausage. He examined it with the flashlight. I leaned against the wall.  I was tired and hungry and my knees felt wobbly. I was getting my typical cramps in my back again. "Don't you think we're too old for this?" I complained. Benjamin Sausage gave me a look. He hates being old, but with the wrinkles he has between his eyes and the lines on his forehead you really can't say he's not old. "Oh well excuse me! We are too elderly." I corrected myself with my youthful attitude. 
  Benjamin Sausage did his typical sigh and his eyes were determined. "We are solving this locker combination." He confirmed. "That's a lot of work." I say hastily.
"What makes you say that?"
"Oh I don't know, maybe because the options. There are so many!"
"There has to be a way we can find out."
"Lord have mercy, Benjamin Sausage you are quite the optimist today."
"Yeah, we need to stop bickering like old people." He says this while trying to solve the lock combo. I rolled my eyes.  "Will you think about this for a second?" I said matter of factly. "But this is basic stuff." He hissed.  "Jumping into a fountain is NOT BASIC!" I yelled. 

Before he managed to open the lock, the wooden door swings open and it hits Benjamin Sausage square in the face.  I cringed when I saw it. There was a person there holding up a burning candle light. The man holding the candle had a sparkling and swishy beard a light blue color. His skin was mostly light blue as well.  He also was wearing what I think is a black cloak. I look down at his feet. This is the strangest looking person I've ever seen. He doesn't even have feet. "Who-who are you?" I shivered.
The ghostly man smiled with his shiny blue eyes.  "Hey maybe you've heard of me." He said swiftly.
  His voice is like winter snow. Cold and soft.  "Evangeline, this is Phoenix. Phoenix this is Evangeline." Said Benjamin Sausage boardly.  "Phoenix. Like the bird?" I asked. "Well actually because I was born in Phoenix Arizona, but my parents did love birds so maybe." Responded Phoenix quietly yet conversationally. 
  He let us into his office like room where there it was shaped like a round circle.  There was a dark blue carpet and a black office desk where Phoenix sat on his spinny chair. "So you live in a fountain?" I ask blankly. "That's not important the dream is!" Bellowed Benjamin Sausage. 
  "Benjamin how do you know what happened in Evangeline's dream?" Questioned Phoenix with curiosity in his blue eyes. "I didn't know." Responded Benjamin Sausage shortly. "Oh you didn't? But how do you know she's not lying? When I do my examination I can find out the truth. I want to make you elders do a few steps before I begin to search your brain." Phoenix rants in a Mistical voice.  I could tell that Benjamin had something important to say. He kept opening his big mouth and closing it again when Phoenix starts talking again.  "First I want you to stare at eachother." Whispered Phoenix. I stare up at Benjamin Sausage's eyes. His eyes are not a pretty picture. They are boring. He looked at me with hatred.  "Now fallow my lead. Say hmmmmmmm." Said Phoenix. Benjamin Sausage and I repeated him and said "Hmmmmm."
  "Now that's good. Keep looking deep into eachothers eyes. Now fallow my lead." Whispered Phoenix.
  My God I hate this.
  Suddenly Phoenix began to sing in his soft snowy voice.
🎵 "Vos mos jump in gelido lacum.
      Et primo volens musicae,
      Et dedimus tragicis scriptum
      Est quadratum rosae. Non enim
      ad perfectum Brown mustaceum.
      Sed aqua caerulea tabella. Sed
      aqua caerulea tabella."🎵

With looking into Benjamin Sausage's eyes and hearing Phoenix's voice it seemed to make no progress. We didn't even follow his lead like he asked us. It was in Latin I think. 

"Now that my cursed song is deep in your head I get to work my magic." Phoenix whispered as he floated towards me.  Benjamin Sausage and I looked at eachother.
  "Cursed song?" I asked with my brows raised. "Oh yes. That was the last song I sang before I died." Phoenix said extra casually.
  Phoenix guided me to a cot. A dark green empty pillowless cot. He made me lay down, he took me temperature and my heartbeat.  Thankfully they were safe. 
"Can I ask you a few questions?" Phoenix asked pleasently. "Well sure." I caught myself saying.
"How many times did you have this dream?"
"Oh, only twice. First in 1986 on June 4th. Then I had it this morning too. Everytime I have the dream something happens to someone I love. For example, last year my Perri died and today my house collapsed and my husband got into an accident on the thruway." I told him.  "I see." Said Phoenix wisely.

Before I knew it, Phoenix got really serious with his testing stuff. He made me go in a white box thing and took a photo of my brain and printed them.  Then he refused to show me the images.  "Okay, you were right." Phoenix sighed. I took a sigh of relief. "The dream is a bad sign, BUT if you listen to me I could probably save you." He tells me this but something in his voice sounds uncertain. He put his right hand on his hip.  "I'm sending you to LA." He confirmed. "Ooh. Um... LA is a big city. The fashion people there are just too... y'know city-ish." I shivered. "City-ish?" Questioned Phoenix. "Yeah. Y'know rich and big mansions and big pools and fancy cars." I explain. "Trust me Evangeline. According to my research good things will come to you." Phoenix soothed. I took a deep breath. "Okay. Whatever." I say stiffly.

I almost forgot Benjamin Sausage was still here. 
  We spend the night with Phoenix in his fountain. We slept on stupid cots.  I wasn't concerned about it though. I wasn't afraid to fall asleep either, the only thing I was afraid of is what will happen next. ~~~~~~~