Chapter 14. The Desperate Love

This is the most ridiculous unrealistically difficult, and comfusing situation in the world.  "W-w-what'd we do now?" I stuttered. "We wait for the Tragic part and we get out of here." Mr Peachfuz replied so casually as if it was a thing that happened to him every day.  I tried to process the thought that we jumped into a book. "Does this happen often?" Asked Scott curiously. "Yes. You know what, actually, early this morning I was sleeping when two people came into my apartment and jumped into the book. I didn't notice them till I awoke and saw the book sucking them in."
  The six of us went to sit under a beautiful pink tree. "Mr Peachfuz, you're saying there are other people besides us stuck in the book right now?" I ask to Mr Peachfuz.
"Yes Evangeline, the Witch hated the story so bad that she cursed the book, and everyone that attempts to read it will get trapped in the story and only some people get out."
"How can we get out?" I demanded.
"You can only get out if you are wise enough because the Water Witch only likes wise people." Mr Peachfuz explains with a nod.
  I roll my eyes.  Only wise people? Sure, I love wise people, but not every good person is wise. How wise can the children be?

We really couldn't travel much. The book wouldn't let us because of the location of the story. Technically we were forced by nature to stay where the book wants us. We are invisible like ghosts, and things can go through us. We can see eachother, but the people in the book can't see us.  "So Mr Peachfuz, when the Witch told you the story, was it one hundred percent accurate?" Scott asked. "Yes." Replied Mr Peachfuz. "Also, did you write the story one hundred percent accurate, Mr Peachfuz?" Inquired Christopher.  "Well, I tried too. Of course I wrote it from my memory... but when the Witch cursed the book, she sort of made it like a time travel and everything we see will be accurate." After Mr Peachfuz says this I became speechless.

We apeared suddenly infront of a tiny cottage surrounded by beautiful trees and pink flowers rested on the roof. The grass was so tall and green with the little flowers on top of them. "Where are we?" Whispered all the kids at once. "The Witch's house." Said Mr Peachfuz with determination. I knew that I wouldn't need to whisper, but I felt like I had too.
  We can just stand here and be unnoticed.
  I heard the sound of footsteps on the grass getting louder and louder. I know I didn't need to but I backed away and I pulled Phillip with me.
  She was a teenage girl with a green knit cap and blond hair that rustled in the wind and reflected in the sunlight. She had an apricot scarf and an old apricot sweater. She came running to the door with a look of determination in her face and without hesitation knocked hard on the door four times.  "Who's that?" I whispered to Mr Peachfuz. "Yani Mulberry. She's a crazy thing and a real stick in the mud." He pronounced every word clearly and I had the feeling that he despised her, although this story actually happened many years before he was born.
  The door creeked as it opened. The room was dark, but someone came up to the door with a candle light. I heard Mr Peachfuz shiver as the voice spoke in a low raspy thick southern accent. "Come in, come in." Goes the voice. As Yani Mulberry strolled in, we all glanced at Mr Peachfuz for approval. We all wanted to stroll in as well. He nodded with a very straight face.
  We enter the dark cottage that was lit by candle light sitting on a wooden table between two comfortable looking beds.  There was a dusty broom balanced against the wall and bottles of potions of the shelf on the left. The ceiling fan was spinning slowly. The door slammed and Phillip jumped. It doesn't matter because nobody hears him if he jumps.  The girl called Yani Mulberry sat on the left bed comfortably as the Witch sat on the right bed.  "Listen Madam, there is a huge problem and you have to help me!" Pleaded Yani. You can hear how desperate her voice sounds. "Okay my child, what is it?" The Witch asked nicely. That witch was a very short woman. She had black curly hair and her eyes were like rubies, she had a white apron over her blue dress. Unlike most witches, her nose was small and flat.  She certainly didn't look like a witch, but she clearly clearly is.  "I was just with Phoenix, he made a deal with me and the others." She breathed. "Okay." Responded the Witch.
"Well, he said that he loved all three of us girls, but he'll marry whoever gives him the best Christmas present."
"Oh. That's a challenge."
"Your telling me."
"So what are you thinking about what's on your mind?"
"Oh Madam, I guess I want to buy Phoenix a Lavender Tree!"
"What?!"
"Lavender trees have amazing smells to them."
"Where the flipping heck are you gonna find a Lavender Tree?"
"Oh well I just figured you'd help me find them."
"Yeah maybe not."
"Why not?!"
"Because I know what the best Christmas present is and clearly you don't because all the Lavender trees make the house smell bad and when you give somebody a highly scented gift, then you my child is a loser."
Yani crossed her arms and rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner.
"Fine." She grunted.
"I have these diamonds in a package. Mark my words they are real diamonds, but don't tell him that I made them, just tell him you bought them I guess."
"Right." Responded Yani is an interested voice.
  I watched as the Witch rises from her bed and pointed her broom at Yani and told her. "You better have good results." Yani looked very determined. "Phoenix has to marry me. The other girls can't afford this!" She squealed. The Witch sighed. "Well, don't be too sure. I don't know anything about men at all. I'm from a family of only girls, He could turn you down just like-"
"GIVE ME THE DIAMONDS!" Shouted Yani as she stood up.  The Witch gave Yani the brown package.