1. It Started

I watch my tentacle arm slap the bully on the face. Then it did it again. Over and over again. The bully ran away crying. A classmate said he was in my doubt. Ferguson called me a hero. Jackie wanted to check out my arm. I was okay with it. I didn't hate my monster arm as much. After hours, I was in Star's room as she started looking for a spell to fix my arm. I didn't pay much attention. I was messing with my tentacle arm. I didn't hate it much. It made my day at the beginning bad, but it turned out good. I pointed my index finger on the top of it like it was natural. I smiled as it moved a bit. Star said she found the spell, but I wanted her to practice and luckily, she started to because the first time she tried it on the plant, and it turned on fire. I became defensive to my monster arm telling her I'm going to bed. That night I messed with my arm. I mean a bit before I went to bed but right when I woke up, I started doing pushups with my monster arm, liking the feeling of the strength. When Star came in telling me she figured how to fix my arm. She called me out saying the unfairness, so I called barked back. Then she started saying it was a bad influence. I didn't care. I pushed her out the room and slamming the door. I was mad at Star and soon my monster arm came alive. Everything he said I agreed. Even when he tried to cover up the last part about feast on them. As much I pretended, I wasn't against it. I let it roll by to the competition and when my monster arm was about to feast on Jeremy. I was terrified about it. That's when I tried to protect Jeremy. Now I wanted Star to help get the thing away. It took a fight, but Star was able to get my arm back but those words ringed in my head. "You'll never get rid of me! I'm part of you now! You can treat the symptoms, but you'll never cure the viruuuus...! You can't run away of what you already are!" I asked Star about if it'll come back but her answer didn't ease me. That night I couldn't sleep well. I didn't realize after that, my mind started spinning on the category in monsters.

-

I look at Lobster Claw. I felt bad for him, and I wanted to help him. He even said he didn't have to be bad. Star didn't believe him. I tried to ensure her it didn't seem that way. I didn't know why I was helping him, but some part of me felt relaxed about it. I didn't feel like this when fighting them. I love the fighting and it made me spark to show my moves, but it made me a bit sad to see the monster like this. Her nasty words got me. "Marco, why do you even care? He's a monster. Monsters are the bad guys." Lobster Claw told us he didn't even have to be bad, and he wanted to be good secretly. I smiled at that. Telling him we can help. Star was so against it. "Monsters are evil." I didn't like her saying that. I mean they can't be all bad. I didn't believe they all were. I mean even though the only monsters I know are the ones that work for Ludo and Ludo. "It's just their nature." Lobster tried to show it wasn't. I mean it didn't go well but he tried. I spent that whole day trying to help, I mean bad and good. I felt betrayed when Lobster Claw took the wand. I was shocked. Star and Ludo was talking to Lobster Claw.

"Act like a monster and give it to me!" That got me out of my thoughts. I charged and kicked Lobster Claw. We got the wand back. They started to leave. I went after to tell Lobster Claw wanting to be good but got punched on the face. Star slowly agreed. It wasn't much, but it was something. It me smile a bit about it.