7. Mackie Hand

I sat on my chair looking through the web. It wasn't a very eventful evening. I just started web searching from boredom. We came back from the store cause Star wanted some lights for some reason. I bought it for her and she ran inside and started doing her thing. I looked web to web till one got me so excited. It's a movie marathon of Mackie Hand! My favorite marital artist! I didn't know they were planning to do a marathon of playing every movie he has! And it's tonight! I searched up about the marathon looking to buy me tickets.

"Hey, Marco. Can I get your help with something?"

"Can't help right now. I just found out there's a movie marathon tonight, and I can't miss it."

"Ooh. Who's Mackie Hand?"

"He's the greatest martial-arts superstar who ever lived. He died thirty years ago while performing one of his own stunts on himself. Accidentally." I look back at my laptop. "Come on, come on, come on." I look at the screen seeing the one thing I did not want to see. I stood up and took a deep breath. Then smacked my face on the keyboard groaning. I smacked myself with the screen sad.

"Ooh!!"

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's sold out."

"Oh. I'm sorry, little guy."

"It's okay. It was just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," I say bummed out.

"Don't worry. I'm sure there's a chance you can still get a ticket," Star say's trying to cheer me up.

"Good things don't happen to me." Suddenly A giant blast of fire bursts out of my desk, knocking me and Star over. I look up seeing the familiar Demon.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Tom?" We say.

"What are you doing here?" I get up to dust off the mild dirt.

"Actually, I was wondering if we could hang out?"

"Ugh. No, no, no. A million times no!" Star tells him.

"Not with you, Star. I meant with Marco."

"Huh?" I look up at Tom confused. "Uh, no?" Unsure why he would even ask me that.

"Oh. Okay then. Guess I'll just find somebody else to go with to the Mackie Hand movie marathon." Wait did I hear that right?

"Wha-huh? What? Wait, you're a fan of Mackie Hand?"

"I'm a super fan," he responds.

"Why do you want to go with me?" I say still unsure.

"I really thought we connected . Over ping-pong?"

"You kidnapped me."

"Look, I know I've been a little aggro in the past, and I'm sorry. I promise not to get mad this time." I didn't believe him. I push Star to the side to talk to her. One to one.

"Star, what is he up to?"

"I think you should go with him. He's obviously trying to bury the hammer or whatever."

"Hatchet? Bury the hatchet," I correct her.

"Well, the marathon is all the way on the other side of town, so are you coming or not?" He asks one last time showing the tickets. I awed at the tickets.

"Fine. Let's go. We can take my bike."

"I got my carriage waiting outside. We can take that. My treat." Hmmm.

"Alright. Star do you need help getting out of that?"

"No, I'm good. Go have fun." We walked out my room shoving my hands into my pockets. I walked down the steps to outside. "Have fun!!!!" Star yelled as she closed the door somehow. I see the carriage and walk to it. I was about to pull my hand from my pocket to open the door, but it opened itself. I look inside as music plays.