14. Butterfly Form Star

"Okay, Marco, you know the plan. You stay up all night and see if whatever happened last night happens again tonight."

"But then what? Shouldn't we tell somebody about this? I mean... I mean, what if—"

"Marco? Shall I remind you are my squire? So I order you to sit there and watch me sleep."

"Okay."

"Good." She turns off her lamp and goes to bed. "Oh, and don't tell Tom about this, either."

"Oh, heck no."

"Good! Good night." Star actually goes to sleep. I look until Glossaryck jumps onto my lap.

"Aah! Glossaryck!" He yawns then settles. I smile. I rub his little forehead and he just calms down. I don't know why but it was like an instinct.

"All right, but just for a little while. You're so... warm... and cozy." I started to doze off and I did. I started to dream. 

I hear laughter. Huh? I turn seeing nothing. I hear laughter again. Suddenly something runs through my legs. I look seeing a little kid. Brown hair. I was only looking at the back of them. That's familiar. They were running and suddenly a hall popped up. I never seen a hall like this but something bugged me about them. I heard the laughter coming from down the wall. I see the kid still running ahead. "Hey wait up!" I yelled chasing after the kid. They turn down another hall and I when I was about to catch up. They run into a room and slam the door at my face and I woke up. 

I jump up. I look around seeing I was in Star's room. I scratch my head confused till I look at Star's bed. "Star?!" She was gone. I walk to the bed seeing a portal. I see something emerging. Star pops out eating a goblin dog. She goes through pulling out the goblin truck. The portal closes and she drops the truck. She lands and transform back. She lands on the ground, continuing sleeping. I run to her to wake her up.

"Star, wake up!" I shake her. She peaks her eyes open.

"Hey, buddy."

"There's definitely something weird going on," I say looking behind her where the truck was.

"Marco, what happened?"

"I might've dozed off for a minute, but when I opened my eyes, you had opened a portal and gone through it."

"Without dimensional scissors?"

"You came out of the portal as that big scary thing you turned into when you defeated Toffee.

"Well, that shouldn't be happening. O boy."

"We should ask your mom. She has this thing to right? Maybe?" I ask.

"Your right! Breakfast should be serving soon! Lets go!"

"Wooooahhh!" I was dragged through the halls till we made it to the dining room. Breakfast was there.

"Where's my parents."

"They're in an important meeting and Queen Moon request you wait for dinner to see her and your father." Star sighed. We ate and waited till dinner. Star was jumping up and down from nervousness. Finally, dinner came and we took our seats. Queen Moon and River entered.

"Afternoon you two." I waved. They served us. I let Star ask but she didn't go direct.

"So, Mom! You know that big butterfly thing you can transform into when you get all mad and feel like scaring people?" I frowned worried.

"It's not for scaring people, Star."

"Right. Right, right, right. So, does that ever happen... unintentionally?"