37. Our Baby

I am 7 months pregnant. The news to everyone was shocking. We did keep it low though because we didn't want commotion. We told who we wanted to. Right now, I'm lying in bed with Tom laying his head on my lap. I was rubbing his hair and then touched the base of his horn.

"Ah~ Marco.." He growled. I giggled.

"Sorry. Just everything is so peaceful."

"Yea. Just a couple more months till their born. You really don't want to know the gender?"

"Nope. I'm fine whatever gender they are. Their our baby."

"I'm sure they'll look adorable. Hoping they take your looks. I'll have a Marco Jr."

"Haha. We are not naming the child that."

"One kid."

"Yea. Wait were you hoping for twins?"

"Maybe? I know it's a lot but I'm really happy about this for us. Just... I know we're young and all and it'll be a lot but I'm sure we can get through this together." I smiled and nodded.

"How's the nursery?"

"O, it's almost done. It'll be hard going back and fourth."

"I know. I really don't want to go tomorrow."

"But you have to. Will be on call again and after that you can stay here with me." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Yea.... Marco....."

"Hm?"

"I... I had this thing on my mind for a while... I talked to my parents about it because how much it hurts and I want you to know.... And I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner..."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm scared..."

"Scared?"

"You dying and how much I'll miss you..."

"What?" He sat up and sighed.

"Demons... Live a long time... Longer than humans.... I imagine my world with you but.... You'll grow old and die one day... leaving me behind. I accepted my Dad will die when he's older to but imagining you.... It hurts... It hurts one day we won't be dancing around smiling.... Making memories, and our kid... We don't know if they'll grow old as me or you but it's me... They'll grow up without you..... I'm scared to watch you die while I'm here.... alone without you." I sat next to him.

"You won't... I'm happy you're telling me this. I know it'll hurt but... Let's make the most of what we can now and you won't be alone. We have a child coming soon. Into our lives... I can't stop from growing up but I can promise I'll be with you in that time. We'll grow up together and make as many memories. It'll hurt after but let's not think that now. It'll come in the future just not now. For now, let's be happy that we're here." I grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on it. "Together." He smiled. He pecked my cheek.

"You seriously are the sweetest. You going to have a great mama," Tom said to my belly. I blushed. Then I felt a painful kick.

"They're kicking again." He placed a hand on my belly.

"I can't wait for them to be born."

"Me to. O we should pick out names. Star brought these books to me." I went to reach for them but Tom stopped me and grabbed them.

"Alright you can't move much and shouldn't. But yea let's pick their names out. How about Marco Jr. for the boy."

"NO!" I huffed. He chuckled.

-

I was at the grocery shop with my mom's. Pretty much to buy some food. I didn't want to be stuck at home and Tom wanted to come with but I reminded him I can handle myself and didn't need constant observation. He stopped because that would end up as a fight. Star is with me to. She was jumping around looking at the foods. I chuckled. We really haven't decided names. Maybe me and Tom can go over it again. We went through names we know. Even demon baby names. We didn't settle on one. Suddenly I felt my body on fire like burning hot. I coughed a bit. I fell to my knees. I felt wet.

"Marco!" I look up seeing Star. She went down next to me. How long has it been? O right. I'm due this month supposedly...

"We- We need to go to the hospital." I breathed out.

"To the underworld?"

"No. Here. The doctor moved here to help me. C-Call Tom pleaseee." Mom helped me up and went to the car as Star called Tom. We drove to the hospital. I felt the pain so much worse. "AH! Where' Tom! I want him!" Tears were coming down my face.

"He's on his way!" We finally made it and they took me in. We phoned the doctor as well. It hurt so much. They took me to the emergency room. I started seeing darkness but stayed awake. I was changed into a gown and everything. I didn't know what was happening. I want Tom.

"Marco!"

"Tom!" I felt his hand grip mine.

"I'm here. I'm here."

"Sir we need to start." I nodded.

-

After hours our baby was finally born. They did surgery and protection because Tom getting mad of them hurting me and him setting on fire which I yelled at him to stop. He almost burned the doctor but finally our baby was officially born. They wrapped the child up and brought the baby to me.

"It's a girl." A girl. I smiled. I held our bundle in my arms. Her skin tone was Tom's. But she had my ears. they weren't pointy like his. She had my nose. I can see the resemblance of each of us in her. Tears were welling up again. I look at Tom seeing his expression shock and happy.

"You want to hold her?" he nodded. I handed her over. He looked at the baby happy. He placed her forehead on his.

"I'm never letting anything bad happen to you." I smiled. I was so distracted that I didn't know they stitched me up. "Marco... what should we name her?" I shrugged but a name did stick to me. I didn't mention it because it started with a m, but I think it fits with me and Tom.

"Tom... You know when we first danced?"

"Yea. Why?"

"Well, I thought about and how she brought us closer I thought why not name her how we began."

"You want to call her dance? Wait song?"

"No. I mean sort of. Do you know what I do in mornings?"

"Yea you like humming a song making breakfast or stuff." I blushed.

"Well either way. I told you music makes my belly calm or us dancing."

"Yea. And?"

"Well I thought. How about Melody...."

"Melody?" he repeated.

"I mean It's fine if you don't like it! We can always go to the plan we-"

"No! It's perfect! Melody! Melody Diaz! I love it! Hi their Mel. Welcome to the world." I smiled. That's how our baby girl was born. Our mixed child. First monster, human, demon baby. Janna really got to me on that.