19. Marc-nificent Seven V.S Meteora

I breathed hard. Star sent a lot of good spells at me but I did beat them. 16 worth of fighting thousands of Heckapoos was worth learning. I did learn a lot.

"Okay. Not bad, Diaz." I chuckled a bit putting the sword down.

"Told you!" She lifts up the front of my shirt.

"No, Star, my abs are not back." I wish they were. I worked for those.

"Just checking. Look, just because you can take on my spells doesn't mean you can take on Meteora. I don't know if anyone can." She frowned but I counter saying, "Your mom can. You heard what Eclipsa said. If she hadn't interfered, your mom would have beaten Meteora. I don't have to stop her. I just have to buy you time to find your mom and bring her back."

"Okay." She smiled. "We gotta divide and conquer. You keep Meteora from reaching the castle while I go find my mom."

"How are you gonna do that?"

"My mom is stuck in the magic dimension. I gotta go there to find her."

"But that's where you lost your memory. That's really dangerous."

"I know, but... I don't have a choice. Okay. As acting queen, I order you, my squire Marco Diaz, to do whatever it takes to stop Meteora from reaching Butterfly Castle."

"I accept my orders," I say serious. She turns away.

"Okay, well, then you get started on that order right away." She walks away.

"Hey, Star. You know, you don't have to pretend to be strong around me. I'm your best friend."

"Mmmm! Ugh! I need a hug!" She whimpers. I go and hug her tight.

"I'm really scared."

"Yeah... Me, too." And worried for you. We let go. I hear the door burst open.

"Hello, Queen Butterfly! Dinner is served!"

"I'll go do that. Marco...."

"I know... Good luck Star," I say giving her one last smile.

"You two." She walks out. I pull up my phone and start sending text to everyone I need. They are ones I know they can help. Then I run out the castle to the meeting place I told everyone. Four of them were here. I know the other 2 will show and they'll catch up. I can start now. My message included we are helping Star and we have to buy time for her. I march back and forth.

"I've called you all here because you're the most cunning, the most agile, the most experienced, hardest-hitting wahoos I know. Each of you were hand-picked for your specific set of skills. Hekapoo's basically a one-woman army, and she's also on fire. Talon is... is really big, and I think Hekapoo has a crush on him, but it's probably just because of his body."

"Wait, what?"

"And then Jorby and Kelly..." Kelly was sharpening one of her swords on Jorby's teeth. "They're, um... well... Kelly's got a lot of swords! Anyway, I feel proud to call you my "Marc-nificent Seven".

"Oh, yeah, good point. You're right, Jorby. Yeah, Jorby says, uh, your math is off. Yeah, there's only, uh... There's only four of us here plus you. That's five. Two short of a seven.

"He forgot about me!" Pony Head finally arrives.... with an axe on her horn?

"No, I-I didn't forget about you. I... You're late. And what is that thing on your head?"

"Oh, that's just my battle axe. I'm basically like a cyborg now. I could change into anything I want. Mascara brush. Little tiny Pony Head. Chainsaw!"

"Okay, I get it, Pony Head." I look at Talon having a box of stuff. "Talon! What are you doing?"