16. Holding the Wand

After telling Star what I been doing with Hekapoo, closing the portals she made when she went butterfly mode. She decided to get Janna. She called Janna.

"What? Star?"

"Janna I need you."

"Alright let me get ready." She hangs up.

"Marco I nee-" I opened the portal with my scissors for Janna to walk through. I went and sat down. Janna finally walks in and sits next to me.

"So what's this about?"

"Okay, I thought it was a dream, but then, it was like, Oh, no, you ate all these Goblin Dogs, so it's like, it was not a dream. And then I brought the Goblin Dog truck into my bedroom, and then I crushed my bed with it, and I had to turn my bed back into a bed," I felt a funny spot on my head. I chuckled a bit. It tickled. "...and then I told my mom about it, and my mom was, like, Oh, that shouldn't be happening. And I was like," I felt the spot tickle again. I chuckled again biting my lip. "Janna. Stop blowing in Marco's hair."

"What?! That was you?!" I looked at her, placing a hand on the spot.

"Sorry. Got a little bored. No offense."

"Yeah, Star, can you just get to the point, please?" I told her.

"Okay, I'm sleep-portaling. In my sleep, every night, I hear this sound, and it's like..." She makes a high-pitched whining sound. "Oh, no, that's not it." She does it again. I cover my ears.

"Okay, Star, we get it! Can we just get to the point, please?"

"I've been following this sound" she unrolls the map, "to the same location every night. But I never make it there because I wake up. And that's where you come in, Janna. You've gotta hypnotize me so I can stay asleep."

"What?" I was shock of her decision. "Hypnotize you? Star, shouldn't you leave that to a trained professional?"

"You doubt my skills?" I place my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, actually I do," I say looking at her serious then she snaps her hands and says chicken butt and suddenly I fall asleep. Then I'm shot up.

"What the heck? What happened?" I look around confused.

"You guys, stop messing around and get over here." I get up and walk to her as she places her phone on her head. "Hey, check it out. I linked my compact phone to my mirror phone, so you'll be able to see whatever I see. Marco, you've got the scissors. If anything goes wrong out there, you come get me. You're my lifeline." All the worry started to come.

"What if you get lost, or go so far out that we can't find you?"

"Marco, we've dealt with much worse stuff than this." I look down.

"Yeah, I guess." She walks to her bed and lays down. She places her wand on the desk. Janna hands me something to hold. She pulls out the book she needs and we stand next to Stars bed.

"Okay, Star. Take a nice, deep breath." She does.

"Now, focus on my watch."

"Hey, that's my watch."

"Dude, this is about Star. Get over yourself." Janna countered.

"Ugh." I respond.

"Keep your eyes on the watch. You're feeling light as a feather." Star's eyes close, and she drifts to sleep."

"And now we wait." We start walking to the mirror phone.

"So what exactly does it look like when she portals?" I heard the sound and light change. I turn.