27. Getting some Answers

I fell on my face and I sat up. I look around. I'm in my room. I plop back on my bed. Seriously?! Why?! Why does it keep happening. After everything was starting to get to normal this happens?! I sighed. I should try to sleep.

-

I left Mewni without saying Goodbye to Eclipsa or Globgor. I couldn't face them. Just pieces that I may be their lost son can't be possible. My cheek marks are gone which was good because I didn't want to go over this with my parents.... Parents.... Anyway, I was back on earth during summer time. Gone for a whole year but glad I graduated High school already even if I was young. It's nice. My parents were so happy to have me back. Even if I was a bit awkward. I spent the first day unpacking my stuff and Star came to visit. I didn't mind but I thought she was going on a trip with Tom but she's here. The next day we spent the whole day at Britta's Taco's because I was so close to finishing it. All I needed was 50 more punches. I did them and the mystery prize was a shirt but getting those punches. I got reunited with some people I was close to in Echo Creak. Even Jacky was one of them. Now I found out we were cool with each other. All the Mewni thing I was worrying about was finally calming down. But it still bugged me. I was too close to that Marco... How I dream of that Marco... To many pieces are missing. And I know who might have the answers. Star was out with Janna again so maybe this is a good chance. I walked down the steps. I see my parents on the couch watching a movie. I walked up to them. Blocking their view.

"Marco, sweetie, you know it's rude to block people watching TV."

"Am I adopted?" Dad spit out his popcorn.

"How did you find out?!"

"You knew?! Wait I am?!" I was shock.

"Marco..." Mom stood up. She took a step toward me but I took a step back. She sighed. "We never meant to hurt you like this...."

"You didn't think to tell me either?" I asked hurt.

"No.... We didn't plan to."

"Why? You don't think I wanted to know?"

"Marco listen to your Mama." She walked out. I was confused. She walked out to the shack. Dad sat at the table. I followed. She came back with a box. She placed it down.

"Marco. You are adopted but you were alone when we found out. We were sad at the time and desperate..."

"What do you mean?"

"Me and your mother wanted a child for so long and tried so much but we found out we couldn't because of medical reasons. We were very sad. We decided trying adoption but it would take long until we could have a child. We were very sad and thought that was our only option. We went to eat at Britta's Tacos. Nothing could cheer us up. As we ordered, there was banging heard from their door. The owner opened it showing a child. The owner was shock and said it was not his and he wasn't supposed to be there. The child looked so lost and confused. He was afraid. We decided to take the child and take it to get checked and helped. We reported the missing child but he didn't even know his name until we checked him of anything. Until we took off his hoodie. He fought so hard against taking it off." Mom pulled out a red hoodie for the box. She gave it to me. I grab it from her and look on it. I froze. I read, If lost return to Marco Butterfly..... I look up at them.

"We didn't think about it. We tried looking for anyone name Butterfly's but nothing came. They were going to put you for adoption but we wanted to keep you. You had no memory of your past life. You didn't know who you were either. We thought it was right to name you Marco still and add our last name and your middle name. And you were ours. You were a Diaz. We didn't want you to know who you were or thought you were abandon so you wouldn't feel so sad, so we faked some baby pictures.... We did feel guilty about it but you started to be happy but it didn't seem you were fully happy. It seems you were lonely so we signed up for exchange students to come and live with us for a while. It seemed you started to become happier than ever. The thing you were searching didn't came to your mind anymore."

"How did I end up their though?"

"We don't know.... We just found you and adopted you." I gripped the old red hoodie that was toddler size.

"But Star's last name was Butterfly? You didn't ask her?"

"We thought about it but.... When she became our exchange student with papers of her parents. They didn't look like you and she said she was an only child. Her parents also telling us at the time. We did have a chat with her parents telling us stories of Star. Nothing came of you. We even mentioned it and she declined saying she didn't have another child. So, we let it go. So, we kept it at that and continued on."

"But you still didn't tell me about any of this!" I yelled.

"We know. We know this would have hurt a lot but we wanted to protect you from this. We don't know much either."

"Okay." Mom placed a hand on my shoulder. "We love you and we're sorry we didn't tell you this."

"Okay... I get it. But it still hurts.... And I still want to know how I end up there."

"Maybe you were shipped there by accident. We don't know but it's all in the past."

"Yea past... Well thanks."

"When you guys found me... Did I have anything on my face?" They looked at each other confused.

"No. Just that mole right there. So cute." I looked in the box finding a photo of me. It looked like from the police station. I really didn't have a mark. I place the hoodie back in the box with the photo.

"Thanks for finally telling me and not dodging this. I'm tired so imma head to bed." Mom placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Night Marco." I left back upstairs. I plop back down. This is too much. That still doesn't explain how I ended up here?! And have been for hundred of years and they found me like at... I didn't even ask that either! Tomorrow imma do nothing. Imma get on the couch, maybe make some pancakes for me and Star and let the day pass. I need to relax.