8. The Dance

I sit on top of the ladder putting up the sign for the dance tonight. "Thanks for, uh, agreeing to go with me tonight, Star. Dances make me a little anxious," I say tying the sign to the vent.

"What are you so worried about?"

"Well, I had a nightmare that I came to the dance alone, and everyone laughed and threw tomatoes at me! Then all my teeth fell out, oh and then Jackie saw me and said I looked pasty," I said yanking my hair replaying the nightmare in my head.

"That's not gonna happen. It'll be fine." I look back at the tie seeing if it'll hold but I see a rat in the vent. I fall off and land on Star. I grab what I thought was my leg.

"Ah! Whoa! My leg, I can't feel my leg!"

"That's my leg!"

"Oh!" I let her leg go. "Sorry."

"What happened?"

"I just saw a huge rat in the air duct."

"Yeah! This place is a dump."

"Star! Come here!" I turn seeing Janna.

"Janna Banana!" She hopes off the stage and run to Janna. I get up from the ground.

"Hey Marco." I turn seeing Jackie with her helmet on and skateboard in hand.

"O hey Jackie," I say trying to act cool.

"So, I was wondering. You want to go to the dance with me tonight."

"Wh-what? You and me at the dance? Together? Tonight?"

"Yea. If you want."

"O yea totally! I'd love to go, with you." She chuckles.

"Okay see you later!" She skates off. I couldn't contain my smile.

"Marco! Marco! Marco!" I turn to Star smiling big.

"Squeeeee!"

"Are you okay?"

"Jackie Lynn Thomas just asked me to the dance, and I said yes! Wait! Bu-but you and I were gonna go together."

"No no no no no, Marco! This is perfect! I totally forgot that I promised Janna that I'd resurrect a dead clown with her tonight so you should totally totally totally go with Jackie." The smile came back to my face.

"Really?"

"Marco! Clown séance." I jumped up happy.

"Yes, yes, yes," I say happily walking to the exit of the gym, dancing with Miss Skullnick, then exiting. "Yes!" I head home.

"Hello Marco. Did you finish decorating?" Dad asks.

"Yea. I'm going to take a shower! I'm going to the dance!" I run up the stair and to my room. I look through the closest. Yes. I pull out my suit and place it on the bed with underwear's. Perfect. I go to my desk cabinet and pull out a tape and went to grab the boom box from the living room then back to the restroom. I place it on the counter and put the tape in that is set for the mood. I take a good long shower. I press play on the box and get ready.

I grab my hair gel, no sweat deodorant, and body spray. I look up at the foggy mirror. Okay I can do this. I grab the hair dryer and turn it on, facing the mirror seeing it clear. It showed me.

"Here we go." I grab the deodorant. "1 wipe, 2 wipe, 3 wipe, 4, 5 wipe, 6 wipe, sweat no more." I place the deodorant down then grab the cologne. I spray it on my wrist then sniff it.

"Yeah that's it," I spray in front of me. "that will do yeah-" I trip. "What the heck?" I get up.

"Watch where you're going Marco!" I hold the towel up, so it won't fall.