29. The Magic Well

We been with Janna half the day and she still doesn't remember how she got to Mewni. Me and Tom were attacked by possums. We went to see Needles which is why we're picking up tennis balls to apparently pay for Janna's hat.

"Oooh, that's a fresh one. Just about a hundred more to go!"

"Man. A week ago, I was staring at a thousand sunsets in the Dimension with a Thousand Sunsets. And now I'm here picking up tennis balls."

"Yeah, sorry it ended like this."

"It's cool. And you know what?" Tom puts hand on my shoulder. "We're cool."

"Wait, were we not?"

"Well, with Star and I broken up now, just saying it's cool if..."

"If what?" I was confused.

"I mean, if you and your best friend..." He points at Star "...ended up being something else, I wouldn't be mad."

"What?" He thinks I like Star? "Tom, what are you talking about?"

"Guys!"

"Aah!" I drop the tennis balls I was holding.

"I think we gotta-- What are you staring at?"

"Uh... I don't know," I mumble.

"I think we gotta put some pressure on her. This is getting ridiculous. Janna! How can you not be taking this seriously?!"

"Mewni might be in trouble!

"You're wasting so much time!"

"Well, excuse me, Bland Man! Geez!" She walks away.

"Hey! That's not my name!"

"What part of, I don't remember how I got to Mewni, do you guys not understand?! You guys just do not get it! I am the author of my own weirdness! But forgetting how I got to Mewni was totally out of my control, and it freaks me out!"

"Aw, Janna..."

"I'm sorry I can't help you guys out. I really am. I just cannot remember what happened that day for the life of me."

"Janna, I'm... I didn't realize how much all of this was affecting you. Plus, I didn't realize that you actually had human emotions."

"Yeah. Me, neither."

"C'mon. Let's... Let's just take a break." I say trying to cheer her up.

"Well, collecting tennis balls does make me hungry."

"Well then. Let's go eat some tacos!" We head to Britta's taco's. They sat down.

"What do you guys want?"

"Just a drink for me Marco," Star said.

"One taco my dude. O and here's your wallet." I snatch it back from Janna again.

"7 taco's." I nod and went to order the taco's. I paid for them. I stood looking back behind Oskar. I see the door what my parents were talking about. That's where I was found? Now's not the time to think that. Maybe I was shipped from another state? Stop it head. I went back to sit down. Everyone was depressed. We still can't figure a way to get to Mewni. Oskar appears with a tray of food.

"Okay, party people, I got your grub. Taco-o-o-o for Mango-o-o-o. All right. And for the lady... Wait a second! Your name wouldn't happen to be Janna, would it?

"No. It's Banana."

"...Okay, cool. All I know is I'm supposed to refuse service to someone named Janna."