34. Cheer Up

I spent the whole week in my room. After falling asleep next to Nachos, Dad found me because he went to feed Nachos for me. He does that for me while I'm gone so she mostly lives here. He found me and brought me to bed and I kept everything shut. I always went down to grab more ice cream but that's it. My laptop on the bed with a blanket over me. I'm to much party pooped to do anything. I heard a knock. The door opened.

"Sweetie." I look up seeing Mom and Mama walk in. They walked to the bed and sat down on the edge.

"We're worried about your health. Maybe it's time for you to go out."

"I feel fine here. I'm perfectly fine."

"Marco." I froze. She's going to use the voice. "You been mopping all week. Star is worried and comes every day to ask us if everything is alright. Star is your best friend and she's really worried."

"Marco sweetie. What's wrong?" I started tearing up.

"I-I told Tom I like him."

"O sweetie."

"Tom. You mean Star's ex boyfriend?"

"Yes Angie. Marco had a crush on Tom for a while and I guess Marco told him. I'm guessing he didn't accept it?" I nodded pulling my knees to my chest.

"Why didn't you tell me Marco?"

"Angie not the time. And Marco didn't realize his feelings until he was in Mewni. I'm sure he would have told you but sometimes that's how teens are. "

"I understand. And Marco thank you for telling us. We didn't know you were interested in boys. And I don't mind that."

"Thanks Mama."

"But I'm serious Marco. This is not a way to help you through this. Maybe go out. Remember I told you about my relationships."

"I know."

"O you haven't heard mine but maybe we can save that for another time. For now, maybe you should be going out. Know that there are other monsters in the sea."

"Or humans. Try moving on Marco. Tom isn't the only boy out there. Sure, he rejected you but not all the boys will. You'll find the one. You may have not founded him yet. Just don't give up quite yet." I smiled.

"Thanks."

"Also, Star's here. She hasn't left since she wanted us to talk to you."

"O. Is she here?!"

"Yes Marco. Come in Star!" She opened the door and walked to the bed. She really looked worried.

"I'm sorry Star I shouldn't have pushed you out."

"No. I get how rejection is. I mean... I don't know it well but I'm here. Either way. I thought this might cheer you up!" She pulled out two tickets. I look at them seeing they were love sentence tickets. They were front row seats!"

"How did you get them?!"

"O you know. That's what best friends are for. Pony head has the other 2 since we don't want to be waiting so long for her outside. She's probably bringing her boyfriend. Either way it's tonight! So, want to go?" I look at my mom's. They smiled. Yea. I should start moving forward. Tom may not have been the one but that shouldn't stop me from trying. I'm Marco Diaz! I don't give up!

"Yea! Who doesn't want to see them!"

"Now how about a shower? It's still morning so how about you two go out." I nodded. My mom's left us. And I kicked Star out the room to do my business so she can hang out with my family. This can be my first step to moving on.

-

No.no. no no no no. Why is he here?! "Pony Head. I thought you were bringing your boyfriend."

"Well, he was busy. So, I invited Tom right Bfly!" I looked down. I couldn't face him yet. My feelings are still hurt from before.

"Well ummm."

"Look if it bothers that I'm here I'll go."

"Wait Tom, we don't want you to go!" I say too quickly. He looks at me. "I mean you also came all this way and you are a fan. Why don't we just go and have fun."

"Right now, hurry up!" Pony head yelled heading in. I follow her with Star beside me and Tom behind us. This is going to he awkward but it would be mean to kick him out if someone did invite him. We walked to the entrance showing our tickets. We walked in and went to our seats. After another couple minutes the concert started. They were singing every song they made. They sang Awesome feeling. That song we played when I hung out with Tom. It did hurt but I want to be positive. After that song they started singing Just Friends. Mine and Star's 2nd favorite song. I didn't realize Justin Towers was at the edge of the stage having his hand toward me to take it. I started blushing mad and fanboying. I took it and he pulled onto the stage. He kept singing and then started to twirl me to dance with him. I felt my heart pounding. As the song was ending, he led me back to the edge and placed me off giving me a smile. I blushed mad. Then he went back to the center and started the next song which I knew was Too little too late. My feelings started going wild. He always looked out to the crowd but always looked back right at me. The concert ended. I felt the rush finally calm down.

"O my god Marco! You lucky EEEEEEhhhhh!!" Star squealed. "You danced with Justin Towers!"

"Yea I did."

"Wow. Must be something." I looked at Tom seeing he didn't look all happy.

"I admit Earth turd. That was good. Trying to get the hook up hmmmm..."

"STarrrrrr." I whined. I think I was really ready anyway. We walked out the concert.

"Well thanks for the tickets Bfly but imma bounce. Bye you three." Pony head left. I checked the time. It was late. My parents are probably still at the monster Temple.

"Alright let's go Marco. I promised to bring you back in one piece. Bye Tom!" Star started dragging me away. I looked back at Tom. He didn't look happy. I frowned. Star kept dragging me to the bus stop. We took the bus back. Why was he sad though? I made it back and Star stayed the night after sending a text to her parents saying she was. Star had clothes here to so she didn't have to worry about that stuff. But for now, I need to sleep.