22. Pie

It's been days since we last came to the temple. We need to take a break. We need to refreshed up. The search for Star's Mom was long. I was pretty much starving. I spent like 1300 for 2 pies. Well, I bought one more last minute before we left the pie carnival. Of course, I hid it since Star and River are against pie folk. We walked back to the Monster temple. We were heading in but River was sitting outside. He still wasn't use to all to this change. We left him there since there wasn't really anything to convince him. We walked up the stairs. I see Eclipsa using her wand putting floral decoration. The temple looks nice and cozy.

"Hey, Eclipsa!"

"Oh, Star! Marco! Welcome back! Any luck finding your mother?" Star sighs.

"No."

"You know, have you checked the tower down the way?"

"I've checked the tower."

"Three times." I whisper to Eclipsa.

"Well, you never can be too thorough."

"You want to bet?"

"What?" Star poofs Cloudy away.

"The castle's really coming along."

"It's a work in progress. Luckily, I've had lots of help from my transition team. I'd be lost without them." The roses did look nice. I find them pretty comforting. Then the noises of puppies came. They started running to us.

"Aah, puppies! Aw, did you miss us?"

"Let's head inside. You must be tired."

"Actually, I could really go for some food," I admit. My stomach growled. Eclipsa leads us inside. As we walked in, I can hear the knights. With the lighting and decorations if kind of didn't look abandon.

"Where's your father? Still camping off-site?" We were at the foyer.

"You know my dad. He's processing things slowly."

"Princess Star! I mean, Regular Star! How goes the search for your mother?" We walk to Lavabo.

"It's going. Just... taking some time to recharge."

"Did you check that tower?"

"So, Lavabo, how are things going here?" I cut in.

"I am busy performing my royal duties as always."

"Mmm. Fresh linen smell."

"I am... still getting used to seeing the fruits of my labor defiled."

"Oh, Star! Did you find your mother? Things have been a bit, uh... different in her absence."

"Star, might I borrow you for a second?" She gestures me to follow as well. Eclipsa guides us to Globgor's chamber. I look up seeing Monsters using pickaxes to chip the crystal.

"Wow. This is quite a production."

"I've spared no expense to free my poor husband."

"Ohhh, not again!" Bear monster's axe breaks.

"That is... not working."

"No, it's not. But I just can't help but try everything I can to bring him back. You know what that's like."

"Yeah, I do."

"Let's get you settled in." She leads us out. I look at the monsters still trying to mine the crystal. I bit my lip. Why can't the crystal break already? Wait what? Did I actually say that? Why?

"Marco where did you go?"

"Coming!" I run to catch up. I make it and Eclipsa continues leading us. She opens the door and walks in.