13. A Big Mistake

CHAPTER | THIRTEEN

I moaned when I felt the blazing sunlight hit my face. I turned over and threw my leg over some really big comfortable pillows. I signed sleepy and put my arm around the pillows. I inhaled deeply and just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt the pillows moving.

"My god, move over. You're taking up the entire space." A sleepy voice next to me whined angrily, throwing my leg off the big comfy pillows.

I only grunted in responded and tugged on the blankets to cover my head, but it was then that I realized that the pillow talked to me. I froze. My whole body froze. I couldn't breathe. Pillows don't talk. Pillows don't move.

What have I done last night? As hard as I tried to remember, I couldn't remember a thing except Lucas taking me to a bar where we danced and drank. After that, it was all a blur.

Wait a sec.

Lucas.

Oh, no.

Oh, hell no.

Please tell me Lucas and I didn't do anything last night. That thought made me blush to the tips of my ears and my heart go overdrive. I swear if I did, I wouldn't even know what to do.

I held my breath and carefully pulled the blankets down. I opened one eye and screamed at the top of my lungs.

Lucas's eyes went wide and he fell off the bed with a loud thump. I sat up, breathing hard in panic as I pulled the covers to hide myself.

"I didn't sign you up as my alarm clock! Jesus, what the... fuck." He cursed when he saw me in his bed, his eyes going wide.

"You brought me to your bed?!" I yelled, feeling myself burn up.

"Whoa, Kelly, chill! We didn't do anything last night! I swear!" He held up his hands, his head being the only thing I can see.

"Then how do you explain why we are on the same bed?!"

"We slept together! I mean like the actual sleep, sleep. Not the other type of sleep." He clarified.

I checked under the covers and noticed that I was still wearing the clothes I had on last night. I leaned over the edge and saw Lucas still had his clothes on, too. My cheeks turned bright pink and I made a popping noise with my lips as I leaned away.

"Oh... Ha, ha. Whoops?" I chuckled nervously and got out of the bed slowly.

He rubbed his head and winced. "Damn, Kelly. Why do you scream so loud?"

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other while trying to look innocent. "Sorry. I just panicked."

"Jeez. Do you remember anything from last—" Lucas stopped, his cheeks puffing out and rushed past me to the bathroom where seconds later I heard him throwing up.

For some reason, I ran to the bathroom and knelt beside him. I rubbed his back and waited for him to be done. Once he was done, I handed him toilet paper to wipe his mouth. He raised an eyebrow, but smiled in thanks and wiped his mouth.

"You okay now?" I titled my head to the side and continued to rub his back gently.

He nodded. "Yeah. How come you aren't throwing up? You drank just as much as me. I think." He added.

I frowned. I didn't felt sick. As a matter of fact, I felt fine. I felt like I didn't even drink anything last night. Was that weird? Because I heard that everyone got a hangover in the mornings when they drank a lot the night before. Maybe I didn't drink nearly as much as Lucas did.