10. Uncomfortableness

CHAPTER | TEN

"Thank you for the ride home." I said quietly when Lucas stopped the car in front of Austin's apartment where Danny and I had been staying for a while.

"You're welcome.'' He replied softly.

"Uh, I guess I'll see tomorrow..." I said awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

"Sure thing. How about we meet up at the public library at lunch time so we can start the project? We only have one more week to finish it."

"Oh my god! You know where the library is?!'' I exclaimed, caught off guard for a second. He gave me a flat look.

"Of course I do. Are you trying to say that I'm stupid?" He demanded, raising an eyebrow.

My eyes widen. "N-no! I was just—" I was cut off when Lucas started laughing.

"I was just joking. There is no need for you to stutter like that." He chuckled.

I blushed, hitting his shoulder as hard as I could which didn't affect Lucas as he continued laughing. "I thought I was dead meat for a second there."

"You really think I will harm you for calling me stupid?"

"I wasn't calling you stupid. I was just... surprised that someone like you knows where the library is." I replied honestly.

"Well, believe it or not, I do know where the library is. I always go there for when I need alone time." He said with a one shoulder shrug.

"I know what you mean. I always go there for when I need some time to myself as well. It's a great place to be because everything is so quiet, peaceful and there are tons of books to read to take your mind off of things. At least that's how I see it."

"It's exactly how I feel too. I like to just sit there and open up a good book to read."

"I never knew you liked to read." I tilted my head to the side, turning a bit in my seat to look at him fully.

"Well, there are a lot of things people don't know about me. And we never got a chance to meet and talk like now."

"I like this side of you. Usually when I see you around at school, I would always think you are like this big bad wolf ready to eat someone just for looking you at the wrong way or something." I admitted.

"I've done things in my past that I'm not proud of, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person to talk to. People these days judge by the looks or from what they hear. Some people don't go up to that person and just... talk."

I looked down at my lap in shame. I had been thinking he was a bad person just because people talked about him. They would always say the terrible things he can do and of the horrible things he has done. It just never crossed my mind that he was just a person with errors made and a pretty wild sense of humor.

I guess that's high school,

"I'm sorry for thinking you were this bad person instead of just trying to get to know you. But you gotta admit, you do have this 'don't look me at the eyes or I'll punch you in the face' sort of look."

"Well, what can I say? I'm just that badass. 'Sides I only have that look on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays."

I laughed. "I figured, Dr.Cockrum."

He chuckled, shaking his head causing his messy hair to fall over his eyes. Without even thinking, my hand reached forward and I moved his hair to the side. Lucas's eyes were locked with mine as I ran my fingers through his soft hair to the side. I moved my hand away once I was able to see his eyes better.