19. Secrets Unraveled

CHAPTER | NINTEEN

***Kelly's Point Of View***

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and groaned. I cleared my scratchy, burning throat as I tried to stand up on my wobbly legs, but collapsed back on the ground. I leant back against the wall and clutched my stomach. I pulled my knees up and rested my forehead on my knees as I groaned again.

"Kelly, are you alright in there?" Joselyn's voice mumbled through the other side of the door. I only groaned in respond as I felt the bile rise again. I quickly gathered my hair in my hand as emptied out my stomach in the toilet - again. Once I was done, I was breathing heavy. I leaned back against the wall again just as the door opened.

"Kelly, what happened?!" Joselyn kneed in front of me, touching my forehead with the back of her hand, "You're not burning up or anything."

I wiped my mouth. "It's not that." My voice came out raspy.

"Then what is it?"

"I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, Joselyn. Like something is wrong."

"Maybe you're just nervous." Joselyn offered, helping me stand up. I leaned against the sink and turned on the cold water. Rinsing my mouth and brushing my teeth with extra tooth paste, I shrugged.

"I don't think it's that."

Ever since I woke up, I had a horrible feeling. A feeling I hadn't had since my mother's death. Something in me told me that today wouldn't be so happy for me. I had no idea why I was feeling like this, and no matter how many times I told myself I was only nervous, it wouldn't calm me down.

Something was going down tonight; I just knew it.

"Calm down, Kelly. Nothing will happen. Everyone is here with you. Danny, Max, and I are all here." Joselyn rubbed my back comforting.

Not everyone, I wanted to say, but kept that to myself as I just nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'm just nervous. It is a big day today after all." I forced a smile, drying my mouth with a paper towel.

"There you go! Now let's get you ready. We only have an hour to get ready." Joselyn gushed excitedly, pulling me away from the bathroom and in my room.

She sat me down on a chair and cracked her fingers together, moving her head side to side. She reached besides her chair and grabbed a small bag filled with makeup. "We have a lot of work to do in such little time."

"Whoa, hold your horses! I thought we agreed on only getting the hair done; not the face." I stated, protecting my face with my hands.

"Hey now! It's a big day today! Might as well dress and look sexy." Joselyn argued, trying to put the red lipstick on my lips.

"Nu uh! I don't want to look sexy! I just want to look like... me." I said after giving it some thought.

Joselyn put her hands on her hips and scowled at me. "What if someone invites you - or rather us - to a party after the ceremony? You got to look your best, Kelly."

I snorted in disagreement. "Right, like someone is going to invite me—"

"Us." Joselyn cut me mid-way through my sentence.

"—us to a party." I finished off.

Joselyn shrugged her shoulders. "You never know, kid. You never know."

I sighed defeated. "Do I have to?"

Joselyn grinned. "You have to."

I groaned, throwing my head back. "Fine, but keep it light!" I warned.