17. Midnight Phone Call

CHAPTER | SEVENTEEN

Six months later...

"I can't see her," I said, going on my tiptoes and trying to peer over the heads of the people, "Can you?"

Max shook his head, biting his lip.

"How about you, Danny? See anything yet?" I asked after getting his attention, who sat on Max's shoulders.

Danny shook his head, frowning. "No. Wait! I see her!" Danny pointed ahead of us, bouncing on Max's shoulders.

I looked straight ahead of us to see her struggling to make her three suitcases stand upright. We all chuckled when one of her suitcases landed on her foot. She cursed loudly and kicked her suitcase, pointing out it and scowling at it for not staying. I yelled out her name and she looked towards our direction. She squealed and ran towards us, leaving her suitcases behind. She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back.

"Kelly! Oh my god! I missed you like hell!" She whispered, sounding on the verge of tears. She was always such a big cry baby.

I chuckled. "Girl, you better not spill your tears on my shirt. I just brought it yesterday."

Joselyn laughed, pulling away and held me at arm's length. "You have no idea how much you missed back at home!"

I nodded with a big grin on my face. "Like what?"

"This new guy moved in town about three months ago and he is hot! Like with a capital H! And he has the sexiest English accent!" She squealed, putting emphasis on 'the'.

I whistled. "Well, butter my whiskers. Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I wanted to tell you in person! Oh my god, Kelly, he is just... prefect." Joselyn sighed dreamily, waving her hand in front of her face as a fan.

"I know you girls have some catching up to do, but I have to leave for work in, like, half an hour." Max spoke up. Joselyn snapped out of her daydream state, looking at Max as if she just noticed him.

"Max, I didn't even see you there!"

Max rolled his eyes. "Of course you didn't." He muttered sarcastically then grunted when Joselyn gave him a hug almost causing him to lose his hold on Danny's legs. I quickly went behind Max and took Danny off his shoulders. Danny warped his legs around my waist and he looked around the bus station with interest.

"Long time no see, Max! I would like to take the time to apologize for being mean to you before. I was only trying to protect Kelly from you." Joselyn pulled away and gave Max her puppy eyes.

Max chuckled and ruffled Joselyn's hair causing her to glare at him. "It's alright, kiddo. It's all in the past. Just glad you could make it in time for Kelly's graduation."

"You'd think I'm going to miss her graduation tomorrow? Oh, hell no! I'm going to be there to cheer her on! Woot, woot!"

"Well, I'm glad you could make it. By the way, how long do you plan on staying here?" Max asked, eyeing her suitcases.

"My mom says I could stay here the whole summer vacation! Isn't that awesome, or what?" Joselyn grinned.

Max paled. "T-the whole summer vacation?"

"Yup! All summer long, baby." Joselyn winked, putting her hands on her hips in a sassy way.

"B-but that's like two whole months!"