Chapter 22

Everyone's head snapped to Valerie's direction.

Her eyes resting solely on Umbridge, she kept her cool, feeling Harry's gaze drilling through her.

Umbridge's eyes were filled with terror, in fear that the truth was out.

Inwardly, Valerie knew her father would be upset with her for blowing her cover; but to her, it was a matter of being judged for who she was.

Let them think I'm some sort of cruel, psychotic queen then, she thought, smirking.

"Valerie, what are you doing?" hissed Draco, tugging on the sleeve of her cloak.

She shot him a side glare and strode with pride, closer to Umbridge.

"Your Majesty..." Umbridge squeaked threateningly.

"Why so tense, Dolores?" Valerie drawled. "Scared about my heritage?"

"N-no," she whimpered.

The rest of the class stared in confusion; some not knowing the fact that Tom Riddle was indeed Voldemort, and that Valerie was his daughter rightfully and by birth.

Valerie walked to the front of the class, where the teacher's desk was. Turning around, she faced her back to the class.

Then, she loosened her robes, around the neckline, exposing her upper back; her brand, the black tattooed omen at the back of her lower neck, displaying it for everyone to see.

The class gasped, Umbridge let out a squeak of terror.

Then, she turned around, facing the class once more. Taking a step closer to Umbridge, her voice took a low, dulcet tone.

"Do you know what this is?" she rumbled, her hand holding onto her scepter firmly.

Umbridge nodded meekly. "The Regina," she whispered.

"Say it louder," she growled.

"T-The R-Regina, Your Majesty," Umbridge stuttered, her eyes ghostly wide. "It's returned," she said, in a slightly louder tone.

"And...?" Valerie pressed. "What does that conclude?" She was openly facing the class, waiting for Umbridge to eat her words; to explain to the class what this had to do with Voldemort's return.

"It means..." Umbridge trailed off.

"Yes...?"

"It means your father is back," she huffed squeakily, her voice sharp and audible.

The class gasped, and at that precise moment, Harry's emerald green eyes bored into hers, and she looked away.

"You-Know-Who's her father?"

"What the heck?!"

"...The Queen's one of them."

The class was in chaos. Everyone had gotten a gist of what was going on. Those who hadn't frozen with shock were repeating things over, and over again, saying it was obvious how they knew she was Voldemort's daughter, and Valerie knew she had to prepare herself for a very long line of rumors.

She was watching the class, her eyes scanning their every movement.

Her brand, having been displayed, rather than being hidden under the robes, had awakened. It was raging, a fiery pain had shot up her back like fire, her omen clawing to get free and unleash the form within.

She ignored it, the emotion not visible on her face; she was a brilliant actress.

"Enough," Valerie said quietly, raising her hand up, naturally, it was gloved.

The class fell silent, even more so terrified of her.

She faced Umbridge. "Is this proof enough for you?"

The human toad remained silent.

Valerie gave a nonchalant shrug, turning back to the class. Once more, she felt Harry's gaze upon her, and tried to ignore it, which was proving to be more difficult than it seemed.

Her omen appeared to sense his presence, for some reason inexplicable to her. She found it incessantly difficult to ignore his unwavering stare, and finally, unable to bear it no more, she looked into his eyes.

All of a sudden, she was being sucked into his green orbs, and it was just them alone in the class, the rest being non existent. Her omen was begging her to shift, the brand sending tendrils of pain through her.

At last, Valerie could bear it no more.

Pulling away from his stare, she turned to face Umbridge, who's eyes were still focused on her tattoo.

"Show me," Umbridge said triumphantly. "Go on, transform."

Valerie growled, and finally huffed. "Very well," she sighed lazily, still contemplating on whether to transform or not.

She spared a glance at Harry, who was still staring intently at her.

And that did it.

She couldn't control it any longer. Her inner demon broke free, and her omen escaped from her persona.

Valerie was gone.

The Regina had arrived.