Chapter 25

Valerie sighed, playing with the ring of her queenship on her finger, seated on a fancy throne-like chair, facing the flames.

Her crown lay on the table, and she was dressed in nothing, but a black dressing gown of sheer silk from Persia, the thin material hugging her curves and hanging off her body in a godly manner, flowing around her ankles.

It wasn't something she wore in public, or in the company of anyone but herself; it was far too inappropriate to wear around someone else.

Her long black hair cascaded down her shoulders, undone, and her dark eyes were fixated onto the flames, her mind deep in thought.

Her right hand held a glass of liquor, half full.

It was common for her to drink; but not an excessive amount, her being underage still. Fortunately, she knew how to handle alcohol, and she knew exactly how much to drink before she got wasted.

Taking a sip, she shook her head at the bitter taste, lifting up her bare feet and warming them by the fire.

In her head, she replayed every moment that had happened since morning. Not in the mood for any dinner, she'd just come to sit by the fire, alone with her own thoughts.

A noise from the fire distracted her from her thoughts, and her eyes widened as she saw the face of her father in the fireplace.

Returning to her usual expressionless posture, she sighed, turning to face the flames, setting the amber liquid on the side table beside her.

"Yes, father," she drawled, crossing her legs and looking at her nails. "Missed me?"

There was a hissing-like noise from the fireplace, and Lord Voldemort's monstrous face stared into the eyes of his daughter, the Queen of England.

"What have you done?"

Valerie tensed, but it wasn't visible, due to her slouched stature.

"What do you mean, what have I done?" she snapped. "I merely showed the toad-faced ministry hag that I'm not one to be messed around with," she scoffed, her right hand reaching for the glass, taking a sip and setting it back down.

Voldemort made an angry noise.

"I mean with the Potter boy," he replied. "I can access his mind, unless you haven't forgotten."

Valerie rolled her eyes. "Of course I haven't forgotten," she drawled. "But do elaborate."

"He's thoughts are filled with you."

Valerie smirked, suddenly perking up. "Are they?" she questioned, quirking a brow. "What sort of things?"

Voldemort glared at her. "It's not important," he waved it off with his hand.

It was then that he caught sight of what she was wearing.

"What on earth are you wearing?" he asked, his eyes flashing red for a second.

"A dressing gown," she stated boredly. "Would you like one?" she mused. "I'm sure it would go well with your hair."

Voldemort snarled, ignoring the remark. "Now's not the time for jokes, Valerie," he stated. "Tell me now, what happened between you and the Ministry toad?"

She smirked. "I merely taught her a little lesson..." Valerie trailed off, a hungry look on her face, mimicking one very much like her father's when he wished for something he wanted. "I transformed."

Voldemort spluttered. "You what?"

Valerie rolled her eyes. "I transformed," she repeated boredly. "Didn't you hear?"

"Of course I heard you," Voldemort said angrily. "Why would you do that? In front of the whole class...?"

"Ever heard of a memory charm?" she questioned arrogantly, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

The look her father gave her was thunderous.

"Are you drunk?" he demanded, his eyes flitting to the glass of amber liquid on her side table.

"Of course not," she stated. "If I was, you'd know. Trust me."

"Whatever," she muttered. "Back to the fact that you transformed in front of a full class without even thinking of the consequences that were to arise..."

Valerie tossed her curls to the side. "Didn't you hear what I said?" she said rudely. "I cast a memory charm on them. All of them, and before you ask, yes, it was effective."

The Dark Lord breathed a sigh.

"Don't let me down, Valerie."

And with that, he vanished, his head disappearing into the flames.

Valerie shrugged indifferently, sipping the last of her wine.

Her eyes focusing straight into the fire, she plastered a wicked smirk onto her face.

"You have no idea."

A/N: Short chapter, but I'm sorry. Updates will be slow this month; I'm on semi hiatus again. Thanks for 7K.

Please do leave comments, and have a nice day.

RIVEN.