Chapter 8

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM!!

Umbridge picked up whatever dignity she had left and sauntered out of the Hall, Valerie not caring in the least where she went.

She looked upon the terrorized people and smirked. She loved the feeling.

"All that's left to do is terrorize the Minister," she muttered lowly under her breath, "what fun."

She walked back to the podium and faced the crowd, "Does anyone else have a problem?" she asked, her eyebrows slightly raised.

Nobody answered. "Good," she prompted. 

She began speaking once more, "I do, however, have some changes I wish to make in the Ministry, and I am extremely disappointed with the quality of service the Ministry gives. I am deeply dissatisfied with the Daily Prophet workers, and the Improper Use of Magic Department especially, and I wish to hire a new and improved system when it comes to dealing with relating issues."

Her voice was calm and audible, and there was an eerie silence that loomed in the air, with an aura of forbidden speech hanging in the air.

She waved her wand, and conjured a throne, magic which of much higher level than what she was supposed to know. She elegantly sat on it, her crown shimmering in the torchlight.

"As you all are aware, the term of the Minister's ruling has come to an end. Thus, I wish to hire a new Minister, and I kindly ask Cornelius Fudge to step down," she said, looking at Cornelius Fudge dead straight in the eye.

"Why?" asked the Minister, barging to the front of the Queen's throne.

"Ah, Cornelius," said Valerie, smirking. "Finally decided to show your cowardly face. All this time you were hiding from me, were you not?" she asked.

She leaned forward, facing the Minister one on one. "I'll tell you why I want you to step aside, Cornelius. I wish to implement a new system and staff from this day forth, and I am unable to do so while you are still at large. I feel as if you have been Minister for far too long, and you have let the power get into your head."

"That's not true I am a good Minister, and I will never step down. Never."

"Very well. You will see yourself, soon you will beg to resign. And I will refuse. You will hate the Minister's position so much, that you will never want to step in the Ministry again. So I am asking you to resign, to prevent all of that."

"What does this mean?" he stuttered.

"It's a threat."

"You can't threaten me!" he gasped.

"I just did. Now give me your word, Cornelius," she ordered.

"I refuse. I still wish to continue being Minister," he told her insolently.

"Fine," she said, looking away from him.

Then she stood up, and walked closer to him. She stood before him, slightly taller than him. She lowered her voice to a whisper, "Keep your position. But know that from this moment onward, your position is a cursed one. You will beg to resign. And since you refused me now, I shall refuse you then. So be it, Minister. I wish you a good day. Now leave, and get your pathetic face and ridiculous hat out of my sight."

The Minister left and headed to his office, much deep in thought.

"What is up with these Ministry freaks?" she muttered to herself.

She looked around the crowd. She had a few more changes to make. She spoke. "I wish to apply a few more changes. Anyone working more than eight hours at the Ministry shall get a pay rise of thirty percent, provided they earn less than five hundred galleons."

There was a murmur of agreement. Valerie stood up. "That will be all. You are dismissed," she called.

And they all bowed at her feet. She stepped down from the podium, and walked down the red carpet. She could faintly hear snippets of the conversation that occupied the air.

"She is scary," said an old man.

"...happy with the pay rise..."

She was leaving the hall, on her red carpet listening to the conversation that throttled in the air.

"So what do you think of the Queen, Harry?" she heard Mr. Weasley ask.

She felt an urge to hear more of their conversation.

Harry rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't really know much about her, but from what I've seen it's that she's very scary. Really. She's a really scary woman," he said unsurely.

Valerie snickered. 

Harry and Arthur Weasley turned around, Harry being red in the face. Valerie smirked and spoke, looking him dead in the eye, "I don't know why you make me sound so old, Potter. I'm not even of age yet."

Mr. Weasley and Harry were stupefied. Never did they imagine that their conversation would be heard by her. Stuttering, Mr. Weasley bowed, congratulating her on her coronation. Harry was standing still, temporarily petrified. Harry's jaw dropped. "Wha?" he stuttered, "but, but then how old are you?"

She smirked again, "Fifteen."

Ignoring the disbelieving look on his face, she walked away. 

Then she swished her cloak, and left the Ministry, her guards trailing behind her. 

Wherever she walked, people would gasp slightly and change direction.

 A smile playing across her face, she thought of how good it felt to rule.

A/N: Another update..

I hate writing Author's Notes...

Sadly, it comes with being a writer..

ANYWAY, I hope you enjoyed this, please vote and comment.. (Why does everyone ignore this?? It's so annoying😂)

Also, I won't be updating next week, instead, I will TRIPLE update The Enchantress, and please check that out if you haven't done yet.

On another note, I published a new fanfiction!! Starring our one and only, please welcome Draco Malfoy to the stage...

The Only Way (Draco Malfoy)

Please check it out..

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND COMMENTING!! Sorry, scratch that. Ignore the 'commenting' part.