Chapter 6

Valerie watched with amusement as Ministry workers rushed up and about trying to get things ready for her coronation. 

Finally, the photographers arrived, as well as the Daily Prophet Department and the members from other Ministry departments. 

She informed her advisor Frances to make it public that nobody must leave the Ministry until the coronation is over.

Lucius Malfoy was sent to escort her to the Atrium Hall. She sent him off, and proceeded to walk down the carpet individually. 

She reached the stairs to the underground, where she was to take off her cloak, then descend the stairs to be crowned. 

Her heels barely made any noise on the cool marble floors. 

She reached the top of the stairs, looking at the public down below. 

The cameras had already started to go off, even though her face was hidden. 

She banged her scepter on the ground, using the magic within it to let her cloak fall.

And it fell. Almost in slow motion, the sheer velvet cascaded to the floor, disclosing Valerie's persona, a secret she kept to herself for years.

Her figure was revealed. 

All at once, the cameras went off, left, right and center. Blinding flashes obscured her vision from all directions. Her dark eyes scanned the crowd. 

Frances announced on cue, "Presenting, Her Majesty Queen Valerie Seraphina Pendragon Riddle."

The crown burst out into applause. She raised a gloved hand up to silence them. 

Her dress, black and formal, was sleeveless, with many layers of net. She had never exposed this much skin before, even if it was just her arms. Her gloves were silken and reached her elbows. Her hair was done up elegantly into a sleek bun, thin curls of hair pouring out from it.

Slowly, she came down the stairs, letting her dress trail behind her. The cameras were still flashing. 

Her eyes flitted to Harry Potter, who was staring at the ground, not paying attention. 

She reached the bottom, and climbed the top of the platform, golden statues on either side of her. She looked radiant between them, her dark eyes flickering with emotion which never appeared on her face.

The Palace Official came forth, holding a golden case in his hands. He pried it open, keeping the object in silk fabrics held by guards beside him, who were aligned in straight and faultless lines. He took the crown from within, and came before her.

He cleared his throat, his voice magically magnified, "Do you, Valerie Seraphina Pendragon Riddle, hereby take the oath that the fate of the Kingdom shall rest in your hands?"

She banged her scepter on the ground. 

"I do," she said emotionlessly, her voice echoing through the silent Atrium.

"Will you always do whatever best for the Kingdom?" he asked, flinching at her gaze.

Bang. 

"I will," she responded.

"Will you never betray the Kingdom, and always remain loyal to the state?"

She hesitated, just for a millisecond. Her eyes met those of Harry Potter, his glasses glinting in the torch light. He held her gaze. She looked away. 

She banged her scepter one last time. 

"I will," she declared.

"Then you are the rightful Queen of the Kingdom," he said.

She bent her head slightly low. He placed the crown on her head. She looked back up. The cameras flashed once more, and the public applauded monotonously.

She cleared her throat, signaling for silence. Her eyes grazed over the crowd. She could see fear etched on their faces. 

"It is, my pleasure to be back, at the Ministry," she spoke. "However, I find myself to be... Somewhat.. Disappointed," she said, pausing between phrases that lingered in the dense environment. "I am extremely displeased with the lack of organization in this place. It gives my Kingdom a bad name, and so, gives me a bad name as well. Hence, I will place some...improvements, so as to raise my reputation. Anyone who refuses, will be punished immediately."

A scurrying of papers and a shuffling of feet was heard. A stubby woman entered the Atrium, clad in pink, a bow tie perched on her ridiculously permed hair like a dead fly. 

Dolores Umbridge was her name.

Breathless, she rhapsodized, "Hem hem."

Valerie glared at her.

Dolores Umbridge took this as a signal to speak," I'm terribly sorry I missed the coronation, your Majesty, you see, I was extremely busy and..."

But nobody heard what she said next, because Valerie banged her scepter on the ground so hard, showering sparks on the marble floors of the Atrium. She stared with malice at the woman who dared to interrupt her.

Valerie was furious. Everyone in the Atrium knew it. Except Dolores Umbridge, who smiled sweetly at the Queen.

Everyone held their breath. Nobody had seen the Queen in this state before. The awkward silence lingered in the air, waiting for something, anything to happen.

The next thing they knew, Dolores Umbridge banged into the back end wall of the Hall.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this.. Thanks for your support🖤🖤