Chapter 3

Everyone in the hall saw Valerie Riddle for the first time in five years, basking in all her glory. She looked at them, her face void of all emotion. She was breathtaking. 

They all looked at her, stupefied. In five years, she had matured greatly, becoming a very beautiful young woman. Even Narcissa, who had brought her up, couldn't recognize her.

The Dark Lord stood up, his snake coiling at his feet. "Bow," he hissed. 

And they did. They all bent down forwards, showing her their necks. She banged her scepter softly on the ground, the noise slightly muffled by the carpet. They all stood straight once more. 

Then, The Dark Lord himself stood before the Queen, also his daughter, and bowed down, surrendering himself entirely to her.

"My daughter," he whispered, smiling, his teeth showing, "Your Majesty."

"Father," she acknowledged him, bowing her head slightly. "A pleasure. Welcome back."

He took her face in his hands. Valerie felt his cool hands against her skin. "You've grown up so much. You look just like your mother," he said, running his thumbs across her cheeks.

Still holding her face, he bored his dark eyes into hers. All at once, she felt her mental barriers being tugged at. She felt and invasion in her mind. Legilimency, she thought. He's testing me. 

Within a split second, she forced up her mental walls, denying his access to enter her mind. She forced him out, and decided to toy with him. Let his test backfire on himself. He underestimated me. She stared back into his eyes, destroying his mental barriers as he continued to enter her mind. 

He was distracted, and she took advantage of that. She forced her way into his head, and finally made past his slackening walls. She could see his memories. She saw her mother laughing at his younger self, and whispering something in his ear, then him holding her face and kissing her gently. She felt the happiness he felt. She could see him opening the chamber of secrets.

Suddenly, she was being pushed out. Ah, now he realized I was in his head. She resisted the force pushing her out, and fought harder. Finally, Lord Voldemort could bear it no more. He completely broke eye contact with her, finally succeeding in keeping the rest of his thoughts privately. 

He looked up to his daughter's face, wearing a smirk very much like his own. His fingernails were pushing into her cheeks slightly as he held her with a bit of force. Looking once more into her eyes, he tried to force is way in once more, only to be mind attacked once more. 

Finally, he stopped. His grip slackened. She looked at him, still wearing a neutral expression. He nodded in approval. "Well done," he said, his voice raspy. She had won him. She passed the test.

He let go of her face, and turned her around. Then next thing she knew, her tattoo was being touched. "Ah, it's ready," he told her. "I assume you know what this brand is?" he asked, turning her around once more.

She barely nodded, "Of course. It gives me the ability to transform into an omen."

"Ah, Valerie. I'm impressed. I am proud of what you've become," he said, approving her completely.

 The brand was a spell he invented himself, and he hadn't expected her to know exactly what it was. But she surprised him, and he was impressed. 

"Do you know which form it takes?" he inquired, holding her gloved digits.

She smirked, "I would have thought you would want to be the first person to see it." He smiled, his dark eyes boring into hers.

"Very well, then. Transform, so we all can see," he declared facing the ball room of Death Eaters.

She placed her hands by her side, and rested her scepter and wand on the table near the throne. Then, concentrating on nothing but her brand, she used her emotion to fuel her feelings and her physical persona. In other words, she merged her mental and physical state together. Then, she shut her eyes.

And she transformed. In the place of Valerie Riddle, there was an omen. A black winged creature, dark and beautiful. Her figure remained, yet she had sprouted wings. Her face became more beautiful and was striking and mesmerizing. Her eyes, normally dark, had turned a deep shade of violet.

 The creature had a pose of elegance, and was poised in a state of might and power. Even in her omen form, she was still intimidating. 

Then, she spread her wings and rose, flying around the room, sending vibes of terror through the attendants. Landing back at the front, she transformed back to herself. And the death eaters burst out clapping once more.

Lord Voldemort, still observing her, was silent. Then, he glared at the still-clapping death eaters. They fell silent. 

He looked at Valerie. "Well done, my child. We must give it a name."

She looked at him. "Very well. Name it," she said, still emotionless. "I believe you know what it means."

"It is a very terrifying form. And it is the ruler of all omens. The omen of intelligence." He thought for a second. "We shall call it The Regina," he declared. 

Then, stepping back into his former place, he informed the the attendees of the ball room, "From this moment forth, you shall all address her as The Regina. She is your new ruler. You shall respect her, fear her. You do not question her, nor do you argue with her. You must always take her word over mine, as she is the leader of all omens. My leader, as well as yours. She is your Ruler."

There was silence in the ballroom.

"Now bow. Bow to your Queen. To your Regina," he hissed.

And the ball had officially begun.

A/N: I enjoyed writing this...

Please tell me what you think..