Chapter 42

-third-person's pov-

She finally stopped crying and he wiped away her tears on her cheeks with his fingers.

"Mind to tell me now? " Jake said, making her on the bench.

"Sit here" She said and patted the space near her. Jake looked at her and she pouted which he found it really cute. He sat on the bench too and looked at her.

She started, "S-sunghoon"

"Yes? " Jake looked at her curiously

"I saw them kissing" She looked down and said.

"What? Kissing with whom?" Jake didn't believe her words.

"I don't know. I don't know her" He fidget with her fingers and said.

"Look at me" He said and cupped her cheeks to make her look in his eyes.

"You must have mistaken. He would never do that" He said with sincerity.

"But he did"

"There must me something you didn't know. He would never kiss another girl" He shooked his head and moved her hair behind her ears.

"So you're saying you don't believe me? I saw them with my own eyes! " She yelled and started  crying again.

"Okay okay i believe you. I trust you. Stop crying now." He lended his embrace to her.

"I want to. But i happened naturally" She said between her sobs.

"Layla why don't you try cheering her up? " Jake said in English for Layla which was playing alone behind them.

Then she stood up from her original position and ran towards her and started licking her. She tried to play with Eunji which made her laugh at the cute dog.

After running around and playing for a while the two came back and Eunji sat besides Jake while Layla was on Jake's lap.

"Thank you Jake and Layla" She said.

"What for? " Jake said rubbing Layla's furry body.

"For everything"

"Friends are for what huh? " He said and chuckled.

"You know what, you are my closest friend and i really don't want to loose you. I mean it. There's always something about you that makes others feel comfortable around you. But- " She smiled at him but soon disappeared causing Jake to look at her, being worried.

"But seems that we'll have to separate ways. "

"You'll go back to Australia, study there, and you'll be living your life there happily." She said and smiled bitterly.

"I don't think I'll be happy after loosing you." He said and sighed.

A long silence was there and Jake broke that "I promise" He said looking at her direction.

"Promise? What? " She was confused and when she looked at him their eyes suddenly met. She could see the stars in his eyes while looking at him.

"I promise I'll come back" He said looking at the sky.

"And what if you don't? " She said.

"I don't break my promise. "He said and she smiled at him. She pulled out her pinky finger which let Jake to let out a chuckle. But connected their fingers and smiled at her.

" It's getting late now. Let me drop you. " He said standing up.

"It's ok. I can go by mysel-" She was cut off by Jake before she could finish her words.

"Hell no. I can't let a girl walk alone at this hour. " He said and took her hand and started running with Layla trailing behind them.

-

"You should go now. I can go by myself now. " She said when they almost reached her house.

"Good night! Don't trip on the air again" Jake said and waved at her. She responded with a wave too.

They soon disappeared from her sight and when she turned back, her heart almost dropped by the sudden appearance of him.

"Why did you come back so late? I need to talk to you. " Sunghoon asked but she ignored his presence and kept on walking.

He soon caught up and trapped her between his arms on the wall. "Yah and why were you with Jake? What did you talked about? " 

"It's none of your business. " She removed his arms and kept on walking.

"Eunji, you misunderstood something. I understand you, but it was not me who kissed her. It was her. And i even tried to push her away, i swear." She stopped her pace when she heard that.

"You know, i would never do that. You are the only one i love, and I'll keep on loving you. I have nothing to do with other people's business. " She looked back and could see the sincerity in his eyes.

Maybe Jake was right.

I misunderstood him.

She didn't spoke a word but kept on listening to him. "She's the one who i always talk about saying that she's annoying and i hate her. Can't you understand my heart? I love you. Only you. " He said with tears starting to form in his eyes.

She felt guilty and tears formed in her eyes naturally.

"It's ok if you need time to understand. " He said with a bitter smile.

She ran to him and gave a hug like it's their last. "I'm sorry. I should have understood you. I love you. I just love you too much " She said while hugging.

He broke their hug and without her notice, he connected their lips. She kissed him back with her hands on his shoulder. It was a passion kiss and she felt like he was longing for this.

After kissing for a while a loud thud was heard which startled both of them and she broke the kiss.

They looked at that direction just to see Kim Sunoo looking at them with his mouth open. 

He shooked his head to wake up and said, "Do you even know the word 'public'?"

"Yah K-Kim Sunoo" Sunghoon shuttered his words and looked at me with a surprised face.

"because of you my phone is broken! " He said and picked up the phone with was laying on the road.

"My precious selcas of today was all in my phone storage" He said and fake cried.

"I close my eyes so that i can pretend i didn't saw that. " He said closing his eyes and went away.

"Yah! You didn't saw anything! " Sunghoon yelled while i fastened my pace because of embarrassment.

__________________________________

1 episode left and then, epilogue :)

Sunoo right now-