03 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

'If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don't Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.'

chapter three
the meeting

Fear.

Fear is acceptance. Acceptance that you're weaker than something else. That you're scared of it so much that it has got you chilled down to the core.

The Dark Lord lived off this fear, like a parasite. People were so afraid of him that they weren't even willing to accept the fact that he's back.

However, there were some brave enough to not let this fear gnaw off them. Those who managed to override this fear were mostly a part of The Order of the Phoenix.

Alicia obviously didn't fear Voldemort. For her he was just a notorious dark wizard who is to be defeated sooner or later.

All the wizarding history books about him didn't manage to instil a fear in her, instead she pitied his poor choices of execution. For example : waiting each year for Harry's school year to begin instead of directly attacking his muggle house when he has nobody around to defend him. Dumbledore obviously didn't sleep in the room next to him, did he?

Well, but what can she say? She is new to the timeline. Maybe only a near-death experience will be able to make her truly fear the Dark Lord.

This thought reminded her of Tonks, the woman Sirius Black was talking about, who as far as Alicia recalled died at the end of the war.

With a puzzled expression, Alicia turned to Dumbledore as to ask who this Tonks is, but of course she knew Nymphadora Tonks, the thing was, how is she similar to Tonks?

Dumbledore just cleared his throat and said, "Let's get inside, the meeting must begin."

Of course, her very first meeting with the actual Order.

"This side." Sirius motioned towards the direction he had emerged from and Alicia began following the men into the house.

They went through the door from the hall and led the way down a flight of narrow stone steps and through a door leading into the basement kitchen.

It was scarcely less gloomy than the hall above, a commodious room with stony walls. Most of the light came from a large fire on the back of the room. The air was filled with a haze of pipe smoke.

Many chairs were squeezed into the room for meeting with a long table in the middle and many witches and wizards were sitting there, talking amongst themselves.

They hushed down on hearing them enter.

Sirius and the other man with him went to acquire their seats by the end of the table, but Dumbledore motioned for her to stay where she was.