Chapter 14: Memories of a God

Kirishima turned to Izuku. He asked, "What is he talking about?" Izuku turned away, not wanting to answer. Kirishima asked, "What does he mean that you know what happens when a god dies? What happened?" Final placed a hand on Kirishima's shoulder. He turned to the other God. Final said, "I'll explain the situation. It's best to come from me. It may be too harsh for him. It wasn't a...good memory." He sat down on a rock and began his story.

"Several eons ago, the God of Heroes felt as though the God of Creation was abusing his power. He thought that Omega was using his power too carelessly, not giving enough for humans or gods. Of course, there were other deities that agreed with him. This is how he came to the decision to begin a rebellion. They planned to take control of Omega's power to give the people what they needed and to allow the two worlds to be connected, rather than divided. The Midoriya family that Izuku is a part of was close friends of the God of Creation. As such, they agreed to help. Hisashi Midoriya, the God of Prophecy, predicted that they would succeed. This gave the people hope and they were careless in their actions. They planned their overthrow and prepared. Izuku was but a small child at the time. He was weak and timid, but he admired the God of Heroes so very much. He said that the God of Heroes should be the one to rule over the united worlds. The other rebels agreed. Then the day of the rebellion came."

"Nothing went as planned. Half the deities were defeated before they even reached the castle. The rest were defeated as soon as they came to the castle. The God Of Heroes was taken and imprisoned. Omega revealed that he placed a false prophecy in Hisashi's mind, using his almighty power of creation. The entire Midoriya clan was brought to the throne room. Omega had me and Esper bring the God of Destruction to Az. The two gods placed judgement on the rebel and used their endless power to completely destroy him. Omega took his core and forced it into Izuku's body, causing him to become the new God of Heroes and to keep the memories of what happened. The moment the original God was destroyed, all memories of him were erased except for the two rulers, me and Esper, and Izuku. His name has long been forgotten and can never be spoken again. Izuku now bears the crimes of the God of Heroes and can never find peace of happiness. Omega has vowed to ensure that he lives a life of eternal suffering."

Final let out a tired sigh, "And that is what happened. Now you understand why Omega has done the things he has done. It is all to torture Izuku and make him miserable." Kirishima stared at the attendant in utter shock. He then turned to Izuku. The green haired god was crying his heart out after having to hear the story of what happened once again. It was clear that it still tore at his heart, even though eons had passed. Kirishima rushed and hugged him tightly.

Kirishima whispered, "Shhhh. It's okay. I'm here. You don't have to cry." Izuku rubbed the tears out of his eyes and stared at the red haired God. Kirishima chuckled, "Huh, this is sort of like when we met. You were crying and I came here to comfort you." Izuku asked, "How can you keep coming to help me?" Kirishima smiled, "I'm the God of Joy. It's my job to make people happy." Izuku sniffled. Kirishima raised his head, "And because you mean a lot to me. I care about you." Izuku stared at him. The two leaned into each other and shared a small kiss. It lasted a few seconds. Once the two of them parted, the continued hugging. Final cleared his throat to remind the two of them that he was still there. Final said, "I suggest that you go home and stop your friends from going to war before Omega finds out that you're here. If he does, he'll act like it's an act of war and have the God of Destruction kill all the possible rebels. Some innocent deities may be killed." Kirishima frowned, "He doesn't know I'm here now?" Final shook his head, "I've been hiding your presence. I don't want this war. So, please leave. And never return." In a flash, he was gone.