Chapter 2: Run Away!

Kirishima stared at the crying individual before him before chuckling nervously, "Um, hi. My name is Eijiro Kirishima. What's your name?" The boy wiped away his tears before responding, "I'm Izuku Midoriya." Midoriya then panicked, "Wait, where are you from? I've never seen you here." Kirishima said, "Well, I'm from Un. The other world." Midoriya began to panic even more, "Oh, no. That's not good. Not good at all." Kirishima said, "What's wrong?" Suddenly, Midoriya grabbed Kirishima's wrist and began to run away. Kirishima asked again, "Midoriya, what's wrong? Why are you panicking so much?" Midoriya said, "If someone from Un is found in Az, then that person is to be executed immediately, no exceptions. If we don't hurry and get you back to Un, the gods will find you and you'll die." Kirishima thought back to what Sero had said about why no gods were allowed to travel between the worlds, "Oh, yeah. The god of Creation created weapons capable of killing gods. My friend told me about that. But, why did the god of Creation do that? I mean, what would be the point?" Izuku said, "The only reason that those weapons were created was to kill any god or goddess that didn't listen to the rules that were set in place. One of those rules is not crossing between the two worlds. It's way to unstable to do so. I'm not very well informed about what that means, but it can be dangerous for a god to travel between the two worlds so often." Kirishima took in what Midoriya was saying as they continued to run.

The two gods continued to run until they got close to the barrier between the two worlds. However, Midoriya came to a sudden stop when they came close to the barrier. He pulled Kirishima and hid behind some rocks. Kirishima looked at him, confused, "Midoriya. What's wrong? Shouldn't we be going to the barrier?" Midoriya held a finger over his mouth to signify the need for silence. He pointed to a strange little creation that looked to be made of mud and had a emotionless expression carved in it. Midoriya whispered, "That's a security golem. The god of Creation has them manufactured to guard certain parts of this world. He takes his security very seriously, so the golems are often equipped with god-slaying weapons or weapons that can at least harm all matters of immortality." Midoriya looked back at the golem, "Looks like it'll leave soon, but we have to move away for now. It'll come over here soon enough. Come one." The two of them ran behind some other rocks as the golem began to moved near them. Kirishima then tripped on something. As he landed on the floor, he picked up what he tripped on. He saw that it was a small knife no bigger than five inches. It had strange red markings on it. Kirishima asked, "Midoriya, what is this?" Midoriya took the knife and looked at it, "I think this is one of the knives that the god of Creation uses to pass through the barrier. He changes the barrier's properties frequently, so it's hard for a knife that has been used before to keep a breach open. I guess it could open a few breaches for a few seconds to let someone pass through, but that's about it. It's really worthless since no one is suppose to even attempt to pass through the gate. If they did, then they'd be killed immediately." Kirishima frowned as Midoriya threw away the knife. While the green haired god was looking back at the golem, Kirishima grabbed it quickly and hid it behind his back. Kirishima asked, "So, Midoriya. What god are you?" Midoriya said, "The god of sadness." Kirishima said, "Oh, wow. I'm the god of Joy. I guess that makes us counter opposites. Well, anyway. Does that mean that you're sad a lot? Like, you don't smile a lot?" Midoriya said, "I don't even remember what it's like to smile." Kirishima gasped, "Dude, that's just wrong. Everyone should know how to smile. I mean, the humans can smile so easily. Especially the small ones. The kids I think that they're called. Come on. Give me a big old smile." Izuku simply glared at Kirishima. Kirishima chuckled nervously, "Guess that's asking too much. Well, I'll get you to smile eventually." Midoriya turned back to the barrier, "Unlikely. Now come on. The golem is gone. We need to go now." The two of them ran towards the barrier. Midoriya sighed, "It looks like the breach you used before is still large enough for you to crawl through. Now go." Kirishima was about to pass through when he looked back at Midoriya and asked, "Hey, is there any chance that we can meet again?" Midoriya said, "No way. We live on opposite sides of the world. We can't cross the barrier." Kirishima smirked, "We'll see about that." With that, he crawled pass the barrier.