Chapter 8: Preparations

Kirishima went to see his friends after his return from Un. He found them waiting for him in his house. Mina ran up to him first, "Kirishima, what happened? We were waiting for you, but you were gone so long!" Kirishima sighed and wanted to begin to tell them everything that happened, from him and Izuku being captured by the golems to being taken to the castle to meeting the God of Creation and about how he was awaiting punishment, but the moment the thought entered his mind, he felt an immense pressure come down on him. That was when he remembered that Omega had told him not to tell anyone of what had happened. Kirishima and Izuku were already on the god's bad side. If he told his friends about what happened...he didn't want to think of the consequences. He decided to just be truthful, "Look, I made some mistakes. I can't tell you or else all of us are going to get punished big time. The room fell silent. Kaminari and Mina stared at Kirishima in utter shock of what he just told them. Sero tried to lighten the mood in the room, "Hey, let's forget about all that. What we should be thinking about is the Grand Festival. It's just around the corner and it looks like this going to be a good one." Ashido jumped in joy, "Oh yeah! I almost forgot that it was almost time for that. I must really be an idiot. What should we do? Play some games? Look at the humans? Take some sacrifices? Eat some delicious food?" Kaminari said, "Yeah. Some of the other gods that have spent time with the humans are bringing some new things that they made." Ashido smiled, "Alright. I wonder if they're bringing some new food recipes for us to eat." Bakugo scoffed at her, "We're divine beings. We don't need food to live like those pathetic humans. I can't believe that you idiots actually put that waste of matter in your forms." Ashido scoffed, "Oh Bakugo, you're so mean. Anyway, don't be so mean to the humans. It's thanks to them that any of us can exist in the first place." Bakugo simply looked away. Kirishima smiled at his friends and their excitement over the festival. He said, "Hey, why don't we go help out tomorrow? That way, we can get insider knowledge on what's in store for the festival!" Kaminari smiled, "Yeah. Great idea." After a while, the others began to leave. Kirishima waved his friends good bye when he felt a gaze on him. He turned around and saw that there was no one there. Kirishima asked himself, "Was it just my imagination? I could have sworn that I felt someone watching me."

Back in Az, Omega, Final, and Esper were preparing for their own Grand Festival. Omega was observing all parts of both Un and Az using his vision spheres, including Kirishima. As the preparations were done, Final approached his master, "Omega, is there anything else that you need us to do?" Esper elbowed him in the stomach and whispered, "Are you an idiot? Asking him if he needs something done when he's planning to punish someone? What's even worse is that he seems to want to toy with them for a while. This could be bad." Final then recalled the last time that a god was punished by Omega. It was too horrific for him to put into words. Final turned back to look at the God of Creation. Omega seemed to be deep in thought. After a minute passed, he smiled and said, "I think that's its time to remind the gods of Un whom they have to thank for their very existence and who holds all the power in all the worlds. Final, Esper, go fetch me a woldf manch." The two other gods gasped in absolute horror. The woldf manches were one of Omega's most failed creations. They were dangerous and had a nasty taste for divine flesh. The problem was that they couldn't kill gods or destroy their divinity. As a result, gods that were attacked by the woldf manches were doomed to have their flesh peeled off and eaten for all eternity. Final asked frantically, "Sir, is that really necessary? Sending out a woldf manch so close to the Grand Festival." Omega smiled evilly, "I understand why you might be frightened, but understand this. What I do is none of your concern. And do not fret. I do not plan on letting any of the gods fall victim to the eternal torture of the manch. I just plan to have a little fun with those that are beneath me is all."