Hades Gets An Invite

Belladonna was getting ready to go back to Hel until she noticed someone was standing in the doorway. "If you're here to tell me to change that guy that has the hair of a poodle I don't know how."

"No, he deserved that." Mal said as she walked closer. "I'm here to just understand something."

"I don't have time I gotta get back home." Belladonna replied.

"But why would you want Hell to be your home?" Mal asked.

"It's not the place, it's the people that are there." Belladonna answered. "All my aunts and uncles are there."

"What about your dad?" Mal asked.

"Both of them are there, duh."

"I mean your real dad."

Belladonna slammed her case shut. "You mean my birth dad. Look I do love Hades and I do wanna get to know him but I can't abandon the family that raised me. I know it wasn't his fault and I hate this but I don't belong here."

"But you do, just give Auradon a chance." Mal insisted.

"I've been here for almost two weeks, a place where it's not ok to give someone a well-deserved punch in the face. Not for me." Belladonna said. "And honestly why do you care so much?"

"Because Hades lost everything, finding you alive was the best thing that has ever happened to them."

"Wait..." Belladonna realized something. "When you erased my parent's memories I heard you call him dad."

Mal took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, he has you then so I'm not leaving him alone."

"Our relationship is... complicated."

"Well you are a pain in the ass." Belladonna shrugged.

Mal gave her an offended look.

"I'm from Hell purple head, what do you expect?" Belladonna rolled her eyes.

Mal sighed. "I never forgave Hades for leaving me when I was a baby, and my mom killed your mom so every time he looks at me he sees her."

"Oh yeah, I'm not getting involved in that." Belladonna said picking up her suitcase. "Maybe I'll come visit now and then but I can't wait to see my family's faces when they hear me talk."

The two girls then look up when someone knocks to see Hades.

"Hey." Hades said awkwardly.

"Hey." Belladonna hugged him.

"Look Belladonna, I know I've been out of your whole life but I'm not comfortable with you going to Hell." Hades told her. "And I lost you once, losing you again is too much."

Belladonna frowned feeling guilty before she came up with an idea. "Come with me."

"What?" Hades asked surprised.

"Come meet my aunts and uncles, come see the Hazbin Hotel, and we can get to know each other." Belladonna suggested.

"What?" Mal asked.

"You're not invited." Belladonna assured her.

"Well... I guess I shouldn't be asking you to leave Alastor and Angel and I do owe them 14 years." Hades thought about it. "I was king of the underworld."

"Ok, not that's something I wanna hear stories about." Belladonna said interested. "I'll go tell them."

When Belladonna was gone Mal looked at Hades. "You're leaving me again?"

"Don't start Mal, all your life I knew you were alive and honestly it's been a while since I've shown my true side, roasting a few demons sounds fun. Just like the good old days."

"When did it get so hard for you to be here all the time?" Mal asked.

"When you married the son of the guy that locked me up for 20 years." Hades replied.

"Ah Hades." Alastor walked up. "My dearest told me you'll be joining us."

"Yeah." Hades answered. "Only to see what's so great about it."

"Well, there's plenty of room in the hotel." Alastor said. "Charlie will be thrilled."

"Who's Charlie again? The godfather?" Hades asked.

Alastor loudly laughed and Hades swore he heard a laugh track in the background as well. "No no no no, Charlie owns the hotel and she's also the princess of Hell. Lucifer's daughter."

Hades turned to Mal. "This place really is worth looking into."