i.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

YOU WIPED THE COUNTERS clean, leaving a fading streak of wetness on the surface. squeezing the excess water out, you threw the rag in a nearby bin and reached behind you to untie the string of your apron before hanging it up near the back door.

"i'm clocking out!" you called out as you quickly washed your hands.

as you wiped them with paper towels, you saw a head peek out from the corner, deep blue eyes staring back at you.

"okay! here, don't forget your paycheck. and be careful out there, it's dangerous. remember what i told you about the ki—"

"the kidnappings," you interrupted with a smile, taking the paper out of her hands. "i know, ume, i'll be fine."

nodding the short woman waved you goodbye, watching as you pulled on your jacket and stepped outside of the cafe. "see you tomorrow!" you waved back.

ume, one of your managers had been nagging at you to quit working so late because of the recent rumors going around the musutafu streets. there had always been things like kidnappings, but lately, the one everyone had been talking about was the kidnapping of this ua kid.

since ua was the top school, people were surprised to find out that they allowed one of their students to be snatched up.

that didn't mean much to you though, because what could villains possibly gain from going after you? besides, you had better things to worry about.

as soon as you stepped out, you felt the chilly air hit your face, your breath visible when you exhaled. you felt your body ache with exhaustion, rolling your eyes at the idea of having to do homework when you got home.

groaning, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and checked the time, sighing, "and i have to make dinner..."

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

upon entering the house, you kicked off your shoes, noting the lounging figure in the living room. "i'm home!" you called out.

no response.

oh, well. same old...

taking off your backpack, you carried it up the stairs, careful not to slip because of your socks. you opened the door to your room, frowning when you saw how messy it was. you knew you left it messy, but this... this was completely different.

staring at the trashed room, you felt confused, gently setting your bag down by the door.

your comforter was thrown to the other side of the room; your pillows off the bed; most of your dresser drawers open and clothes spilling out of them; the floor was littered with things that fell off their original surfaces; even your school books and notebooks were thrown around.

"what the hell...?" you muttered, and as soon as the words slipped from your lips, you felt yourself enter a state of realization; a state of panic.

running to the corner of your room, you threw aside the clothes and ripped up papers that layered the floor and ran your palm across the hardwood floor. your hands searched the area for the familiar plank of wood, and when you felt it, you paused.

eyes widening, you stared at the hollow space that used to be your storage spot. it was where you put the things most important to you; things you didn't want in the hands of anybody but yourself.

the loose plank that covered it was ripped off of it, the nail still stuck to it, and the space's contents were gone.

your body began to tremble uncontrollably and your breathing grew heavy. balling your fists, you kicked the plank away, feeling the heat from you face disperse to the rest of your body.

you marched out of your room and down the stairs, your heavy steps echoing through the frail house. the moment you stepped into the living room, the pungent smell of alcohol filled your nostrils.

the tv played in the background, it's blue light reflecting on the stupefied figure before it. you glared at her, digging your nails into your palms.

she didn't even acknowledge you or your presence, her eyes glued onto the program flickering on the tv screen. you eyed the countless bottles of beer and other hard liquor on the small table beside her, where one was bound fall off anytime soon.

those weren't there before you left this morning. in fact, she had completely run out. your eyes glazed over the car keys that were carelessly tossed onto the coffee table and you winced.

her half-lidded eyes were accentuated by the bags under them, the blue light of the tv making her dark skin seem purple. in her hand was held a half-drunken beer bottle and she leaned back into the beaten up recliner she lounged on for eternity.

just looking at her made your skin crawl.

taking a deep breath, it came out shaky, and you could feel your eyes stinging.

"did you take my money?"

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌

-ˏˋ こんにちは ˊˎ-

𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐗 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 (𝐟𝐞𝐦.) 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑
inspired by :: anime
my hero academia

est. 2021
-𝐊3𝐓5𝐔3𝐊1©