xvii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

"HOW COULD THAT POSSIBLY be the answer?" you snapped your head to your left, your locs swinging and almost taking out bakugo's face. "that doesn't even make any sense. aren't you supposed to be the smart one?"

bakugo's lips pressed into a line, his deadpan expression trying hard to mask the fury slowly creeping into his veins. "were you even paying attention during the lecture?" he said through gritted teeth.

you were sitting on your knees, now fully facing him as opposed to how the two of you had been earlier: side by side, both your bodies crammed into the small space that bakugo's chabudai allowed. you both had homework to do, due the next day, and you had probably wasted an hour arguing about who would get to use the short-legged table in the corner of his room already.

it wasn't your fault he didn't have any other hard surfaces you could use. and since bakugo had insisted on staying in his room all the time—barely allowing you to even look at your bedroom door, let alone go inside—you had no choice but to do everything there. in his presence. all the time. with little to no privacy. emphasis on the 'no.'

"of course i was," you answered, lowkey offended by that assumption. "i can't afford to slack, you know that—" you paused, realizing what you'd just said. "besides, i never asked you for your help anyway, so why are you even talking to me right now?"

"you're the one who looked over at my paper and thought you were being cute mumbling 'dumbass' under your breath!" he retorted, throwing his hands in the air, his fingers nearly grazing your forehead with how close you two were. "meanwhile, you had the wrong answer written down!"

cute? the hell?

"who says it was the wrong answer? you?" you argued back, letting out a humorless laugh, disbelief muddling your thoughts. "you know you can get questions wrong, right? did all your brain cells get squeezed out of you by that sludge villain or wha—"

before you could finish that sentence, bakugo pushed you hard, causing you to lose your balance and topple over. you fell on your ass—though it wasn't much of a fall since you were already sitting on the floor—your elbows catching you.

"is that all you can fucking say?" he hissed, advancing on you. your brows furrowed seeing the look on his face. he was seething. you could practically see his blood—the same color as his hardening eyes—boiling under his pale skin. "why do you always have to bring that shit up, huh?" he pushed you again and you fell flat on your back, him now half on top of you. "are you trying to hit me where it hurts or something? cause if so, you're doing a lousy fucking job. all you're doing is pissing me off, you goddamn brat."