ii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

THE WOMAN DIDN'T EVEN  give you a once-over. her eyes stayed fixed on the tv, if that's what she was even looking at.

"i said, did you take my money?" you repeated, only for her to continue her act of nonchalance.

a low growl escaped you, your legs moving before you could think. you grabbed the remote off of the coffee table and pointed it at the tv. it was only once the screen went pitch black did the woman before you shoot you a mere glance.

"turn it back on," she said.

"mom...." you swallowed thickly, ignoring her words. "did you take—my money?" you asked for the third time, your words carefully spoken and spaced out as if you were talking to a child.

"what money?" the woman rolled her eyes, chugging the rest of her beer and setting it aside on the already overflowing table before grabbing a new one at her feet.

"the money that i had hidden in my room! the money i worked 4 jobs for the last 2 years to save up. that money!"

"oh..." your mom said slowly, her gaze moving to you. "that was yours?"

you stared at her, faltering as her words reached your ears.

"...what?" you asked, trying convince yourself that you didn't just hear her say that.

"i didn't know that was yours."

emmiting a shaky breath, you scoffed in disbelief, "you didn't know... that was mine?" you repeat. "did you also not notice me working my ass off these past few months? i'm sure you didn't even notice that i haven't been to school since summer was over and instead have been struggling to maintain good grades through online school."

"of course, i noticed—"

"so why did you do it??" you yelled, your voice breaking at her obvious negligent. "you knew that money was mine and you knew how hard i've been working for it! what are you even here for? you don't work, you don't cook, you don't clean. i'm the child! i'm supposed to be taken cared of, not you! our house is on the verge of being taken away! i, your daughter, has been the one to do the negotiating with the landlord because you were there to do it!"

"nobody asked you to do it," your mom shrugged, not a hint of emotion in her dull eyes as she took large gulps from her beer bottle.

"then who will?? how else are we supposed to live?"

"i don't know about you, but i'm living just fine."

what? you paused, tilting your head in attempt to comprehend what she just said.

"are you, mom? when was the last time you left the house if it wasn't to buy these— god-forsaken beers??" you snatched the bottle out of her hand and threw it on the floor, hearing the glass smash to pieces.

"what the hell are you doing??"

"what i should've done a long time ago."

stomping over to the bottle-filled table, you grabbed the first empty bottle and looked at it. you looked over at your mom once, the image of her wide eyes engraved in your mind.

lifting your arm above your head, you threw the glass bottle at the wall. adrenaline coursed through your veins and you picked up the next bottle, then the next, and you kept going until there was no more.

"for as long as i've been alive, i have been providing for this 'family.' i've cooked, cleaned, and worked like a grown adult while you sat on your ass all day doing who-knows-what!" every word was accentuated by the sound of breaking glass. at this point, you were just ranting; finally getting the last few years of your life off your chest.

your breathing was heavy, your body hot, and you shook with excitement. this was the most you've felt alive in months, no, years. staring at the pile of shattered glass on the floor and bits on the walls, you turned to your mom and took in her stunned expression.

"honestly, how hard is it to be a parent?! i get you didn't want me but wouldn't most people make the best of it? if you didn't want me this bad then maybe you should've kept your fucking legs closed! y'know, birth control always works!"

your mom said nothing. she only stood and watched, rigid as you wrecked anything standing in your path.

she tried to stop you, but was too weak to even push you away from her new beer bottles. so, she had to sit there and watch you smash the drink she seemed to love more than her own child to pieces.

"what did you do?!!" she screamed, dropping to her knees and trying to salvage the puddles of beer that now layered the wooden floors.

you glared at her as she watched the liquid begin to seep into the wood, your blood boiling.

"god, i hate you. and, i gave up so much for you, too," you walked back upstairs, leaving her to deal with the mess of a living room and kitchen.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌

-ˏˋ こんにちは ˊˎ-

𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐗 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 (𝐟𝐞𝐦.) 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑
inspired by :: anime
my hero academia

est. 2021
-𝐊3𝐓5𝐔3𝐊1©