xiv.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

YOU AND BAKUGO glared at each other from across the room, the chains that binded you two at the wrist making soft clanging sounds with every shift of your body.

"real stealthy," he snorted derisively, referring to your inability to stay quiet. "we've been doing this for half a day and you still can't get it right?"

"bakugo, i literally have chains tied to my wrists. how do you expect me to move around quietly?" you were getting annoyed now. he was right, though. you guys had been training—by aizawa's request—for a while now.

"got here on recommendation my ass," he scoffed, throwing the towel he was using to wipe his forehead to the side.

you chose to ignore that comment, pinching the bridge of your nose. "why do we even need to do this? we're training to be heroes, not spies."

a cool breeze came in from the open sliding door that led to the back patio, which you had been tasked to sweep down just moments earlier.

bakugo narrowed his eyes at you, "are you fucking dumb? yes, we're training to be heroes, but we still need to go on missions that involve doing whatever we can to keep civilians safe. you don't think that requires some level of stealth?"

you had nothing to say to that. he was right... again. you were honestly just tired of being critiqued by someone who had almost an entire year to train his body—and probably even longer if you counted whatever advanced training he did in middle school—while you'd barely had two weeks. it was hard watching everyone surpass you. you had to admit that they worked hard, but it made you doubt if you could ever reach that level.

"what's your quirk anyway?"

that made you pause, and though you recovered quickly you were almost one hundred percent sure bakugo caught your lapse of panic.

"that's not our focus right now," you responded, getting back into position.

"i don't care, tell me anyway," bakugo growled back.

"well, that would take all the fun out of it, don't you think?" your smirk made him grit his teeth and his red eyes pulsed as he launched toward you.

he was quick but you were able to block his hit with your arm, quickly rounding back with an elbow to his rib. it was a shallow hit, since he stepped back before you could sink any deeper into his bones, but the knowledge that you were able to land the first hit gave you a boost of confidence you didn't know you needed.

bakugo grunted and you could tell that it bothered him as much as it fueled you. the sound of chains cut through the air as you two sparred with each other; adrenaline rushed through your veins and sweat beaded your brow.