xviii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

AIZAWA SAUNTERED into the room looking exhausted as usual. with a folder tucked under his arm, he closed the door behind him and set his stuff up at the podium near his desk.

"mornin' kids," he projected his voice, the gruff, deep sound reaching your ears.

all conversations stopped, the chatter coming to a halt as you and you classmates responded with a "good morning mr. aizawa!"

while you straightened yourself in your seat, leaning to the side to pluck your notebook out of your backpack, you heard denki yell from the back of the class: "you look great today, teach!"

aizawa looked up from the papers he was shuffling, a hint of confusion marring his features as the unasked question—of 'what the hell is he talking about?'—circled his brain.

denki shrugged, "what? i thought your eyes looked a little less red today," he looked at kirishima for backup. the redhead had already been nodding his head, sending a thumbs up to show his support.

it was beyond you how he could possibly notice that aizawa's eyes were any less irritated than usual from his seat all the way in the back of the class, but you had learned not to question the things kaminari said.

"yeah, did'ya buy some new eye drops or somethin', teach?" kirishima asked genuinely, not a hint of mockery in his tone.

"no, but did you guys pay a middle schooler to do your math homework 'or somethin'?" aizawa retorted, deadpan as he held up the papers the class was supposed to have turned in that morning. you gulped at the mention of the homework; you let your gaze slide over to where bakugo was sitting to find him glaring angrily at his two friends, who were causing a disruption.

"it's not looking good for you two," aizawa grimaced.

"how did you know??" kirishima and kaminari asked in unison, their eyes bulging out of their sockets. almost immediately after, they both looked at each other and slapped a hand over their mouths, realizing they gave themselves away.

a rare smile smoothed over aizawa's lips when half the class broke out in giggles as kiri and kami both began blaming each other for what just happened. he shook his head in 'disappointment' before setting the papers back down on the podium.

"i'm gonna pretend i didn't hear that"—he clapped his hands together— "now, i think you gentlemen have delayed class long enough. let's go over this so we can get to today's lesson."