xix.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

THE WALK BACK TO THE DORMS was a lot more awkward than you could have anticipated. your 5 minutes of freedom were all used up and you were back to being chained at the wrists to the brooding boy beside you. the tension between you and bakugo was so thick you could cut it with a knife, with the both of you knowing that you each got your homework questions wrong.

despite that, you still felt as if you one-uped him—even if it was just the slightest. though, you had a feeling that if you even dared to mention it, he would probably push you into oncoming traffic.

so, you focused your mind on something else. you forced your brain to acknowledge that there were bigger problems at hand: you would have to get through an entire cooking session with bakugo.

but first—

bakugo cleared his throat, the sound so sudden your head jerked up and forced you to look at the boy beside you. your reaction earned you a strange look from him, as if he was silently asking you what the hell that was.

"we have to go to the store before we head home," he started. he reached his hand inside his pocket and pulled out a credit card. you only stared at his outstretched hand when he nudged the card toward you. "aizawa gave it to me."

"oh," was all you said, but you still only just looked at his hand, confused as to what he wants you to do with the card.

"would you stop being an idiot and just take the card?" he scolded. patience lost, bakugo reached out and grabbed your hand that was fidgeting with the edge of your skirt. ignoring your protests and sounds of alarm, the boy placed the card in the palm of your hand and continued walking.

you stood there affronted, brown furrowed as you looked at the square in your hand. it seemed to be some sort of food stamp, or company credit card. you didn't realize he had walked so far ahead until you felt a harsh tug on your wrist that made you stumble. "hey!" you shouted angrily.

he stopped in his tracks and looked back at you from over his shoulder. "come on, you dunce," he yelled back at you, an irritated look on his face. "now!"

"dunce??" you exclaimed, now speed walking toward him.

vermillion eyes pierced through your soul. "we both got our questions wrong, so don't even try it."

you watched him cross his arms, a smirk wiping across your face. eyes narrowing, you studied him for a moment. he kept his head down, so the most you could see was the way wisps of his pale blonde hair danced with the wind.