𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭. - 𝐕

You hadn't seen Xiao since the day you were at Bubu Pharmacy, it was only a day later but it felt like weeks, you now longed to see him again

It was like an obsession.

Now you were lying wide awake in bed, staring at the ceiling, watching the shadows of light be manipulated by your curtains, playing like a projector.

Your wounds were still healing but you were ready to go back out, you just wanted to prove that you aren't weak although everyone, even Ningguang admitted that you were overworking yourself, but still you have to be stronger.

When you made your way to the Wangshu Inn with Paimon you went straight to bed only able to have a quick chat with Verr who told you to rest up and have a good night.

Your insomnia hadn't let you sleep at all as your mind was spinning with thoughts about the prior few days, you couldn't help but think about it.

But really, all you knew was that you had to see Xiao again.

Time didn't pass quickly, but after a while, it was morning, like any other day. You for once was first up, you were dressed within minutes, it was only around 6 or 7 am but Smiley was up already in the kitchen cooking breakfast for the guests.

"Good morning, chef" you smile, stepping down into the kitchen.

"Good morning, y/n, you're up early, are you leaving for the harbour already?" the man asked.

"Uh, no, just woke up early, that's all, is Verr up yet?" you ask with hope.

"I don't think so but she will be soon, is there something you need?".

"Nothing you could help with," you say reassuringly "well, while I'm here, are there any commissions you need to be done, oh! I forgot about the jeuyun chilis you asked for!" you exclaim, bowing in apology.

"Don't worry y/n, I wouldn't have expected you to, but if you are that eager then you could just grab me some if you're not still wounded".

"Nope, I'm fine now" you lie, you hated how everyone was treating you like a child just because you got hurt, it was embarrassing, it felt belittling although you knew it was coming from a good place.

The light of the sun slowly creeps into the kitchen, and Smiley puts out the lanterns illuminating the room.

"Well, I better be getting back to making breakfast," Smiley says turning away.

"Of course," you respond and ascend the stairs up to the main lobby.

The sunrise was beautiful today, although it was later than usual, probably explaining why no one was up yet, or maybe it was earlier than you thought?

The day was already proving to be one with good weather, only once have you seen it rain in Liyue but you still couldn't be sure if that was a dream or not. You walk upstairs again to the top balcony that was closed off but you stepped over the rope blocking the top. Hopefully, Verr doesn't mind, you think as you are already walking up the steps.