𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐕𝐈

You feel your heart leap out of your chest and you squeeze the Adeptus tighter into a hug

"Did you forget the second condition?" Xiao asked, unimpressed, he's still tense under your hug but his ears are glowing red.

You quickly let go of him, just in case, he changed his mind. You clasp your hands together, still smiling.

"Thank you, Xiao!" you exclaim.

"Why do you even want to come with me anyways, you get no benefit from it?" Xiao asks, genuinely wondering but also asking sternly.

"Well, I do get a benefit, I get to spend time with you, as I said, I want to be your friend. Besides, I just want to help protect Liyue, just because I don't help the Qixing exclusively doesn't change that, right?" you answer, looking back up to Xiao who was looking out over the Plains, in a thinking pose again.

"That is true" he hummed "but, it comes at a cost that I want you to make sure you know you will have to pay".

"What do you mean?" you query.

"The Qixing isn't just some small group of people you can mess with, they are the governance of Liyue and with that, they control the hundreds, possibly thousands of milileth who follow orders they are given" Xiao continues and you laugh nervously in a 'are you serious?' way.

"But Ninguang and Keqing wouldn't put a bounty on my head or something" you question "would they?" you hesitate.

"Liyue is a nation of contracts, under Morax, breaking a contract, at least of this high regard, is an unforgivable act, therefore the 'breaker' must suffer the consequences, no matter who. The Qixing hold this higher than anyone in Liyue other than Morax himself, perhaps."

"Oh," you say, a bit nervous.

"So, will you go back to Qixing? You can tell them that I will help them with my own accord"

Was he trying to persuade you to not go with him? Why, did he just really not like you? Or was it just so you didn't get hurt. Either way, you weren't sure, but you were determined.

"No! I didn't say that I was just thinking and I have decided. I don't care about the consequences, I can protect myself besides, I will have you by my side, they can't punish me if I'm helping an Adeptus, right?" you say firmly.

"You say that but-"

"No buts!" you interrupt.

Xiao sighs.

"Fine, but know, the Qixing isn't going to go easy one either of us if they get their hands on us, not that they could" he responds "-and if you do change your mind, you won't be able to go back to Liyue Harbour, or here".

"I'm not going to change my mind, haven't you been listening to me dummy?" you huff.

"Dummy?" he asks, folding his arms.