𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐗

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 - 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭

You fell asleep last night in Xiao's lap, looking up at the carved rock roof of the cavern the two of you had found, but now, you were looking up at clouds. The sky was grey, and the clouds were the same, there was no life to it. Your breath hitches and you shoot up from your laying position, your in a bed, not any bed, but the one you slept in at Wangshu inn and not only that but you were in your room too. But, the room wasn't all there, half of it and the whole roof looked like they had been ripped, the same way you would rip paper, completely gone with jagged pieces of wood protrude from the others.

You look down and your wearing a long, white laced nightdress with intricate detailing, definitely now what you were wearing when you fell asleep. You close your eyes and let out a deep breath and push yourself to the edge of the bed.

"Why does this keep happening to me?"

This wasn't a dream, you could feel every surface, like the soft linen sheets to the splintered wood, you could control every movement, every breath, every blink yet you still couldn't figure out why?

You stand on the wooden floor and look out of the gap of where the rest of the room should be, a closet in the corner, a plant beside that, a window with a plant on it, but all of that was gone and was replaced with nothing. It wasn't like a black hole, it was a light grey, the same as what you thought was the sky but instead covered your whole surrounding and when you look back up the clouds are gone. You have no sense of perspectives, there is no horizon line, no sun, nor moon, no Liyue.

You start to panic again, how did you get here, more importantly, how do you get out? You stumble over your new nightdress as you try and look over the edge of the room, you hear the edge rip loudly, the first sound you heard in your new surroundings. As you fall you realise that you're not going to hit the floor but instead your about to fall into the abyss of nothing that was around you, your heart starts to race and your eyes widen. Your hands search for something to grasp onto to no avail and you fall in a tumble off the edge of the room.

"No" you manage to rasp.

Your small whisper starts to turn louder and louder into a yell and until you let out a scream as you fall, you yell out to him, you scream his name, for him to help you.

"Xiao!" you repeat, you can barely speak but you keep repeating his name, begging to be saved.

The room disappears from your vision and your nightdress tangles around you until it has completely wrapped around your face. You scream again and rip at the dress.

What is this place? It can't be a dream, can it? You could feel everything, the wind blowing around and defeating you, the dress suffocating you and the way your eyes started to burn when you gasped for breath.