𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐗𝐕

It was night by the time Xiao awoke

It was night by the time Xiao awoke. His head was still being pillowed by your lap, much like how he accommodated you only a few nights prior. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep which was very different to his usual pensive expression. You still couldn't figure out what happened, at one point he was soothing you and even letting you hug him and then he switched. You weren't even able to get a word out of your plan when he stalked away with his mask in hand, the mask that (only a few hours ago) had been glowing bright blue. Now it had simmered away and returned to how you recognised it, even the cracks and chips had been restored without a single person laying a hand on it.

He woke quickly, sitting up with a groan and a small cough. It was deep into the night now and even you had nodded off a few times. The darkness hid Xiao's face from you but you could tell that he was looking back at you. You hadn't moved at all and just lolled your head to the side to face his direction.

"Sleep well?" you tease.

"You're alive?" he said with a silent exclamation.

"Um, yeah? What are you talking about?", why would I be dead? If anything he was the one closest to death.

"I, I was asleep?" he questioned, confusing you more.

"Yeah..." not knowing what else to say.

"I didn't hear them, I only heard you".

You sat there in silence, thoroughly confused.

"Xiao" you pause trying to get his attention, "earlier today you came back and literally passed out right in front of me, do you not remember, I mean at least what happened before?" you ask in an attempt to jog his memory.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something, I doubt even the Liyue Qixing would know of this" his voice came out in a serious with a frantic undertone.

The atmosphere of the conversation changed within a second as you looked back at Xiao's silhouette.

"Go on," you respond with nervous anticipation.

"You already know about visions and most likely delusions?" he asks and you respond with a nod, wondering where he is going with this.

"Yea, I know about delusions, they are made by the Tsaritsa, right? Let's you hold multiple elements".

"Mhm," Xiao hums in agreement, spacing out.

"So what about them?" you say, snapping him back to the conversation.

Xiao drags himself back and brushes a hand along a patch of dirt. He places one finger in the dirt and starts to draw something. At first, the pattern Xiao sketched looked like a triangle but it multiplied to a nine-point star. He draws a circle around the star, showing nine small triangles woven between each point, he points to the first one and looks up at you.