𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

You were back, back in your isolated nightmare, every time you laid your head down to sleep you expected to arrive in your personal abyss - the plane of nothingness

You were back, back in your isolated nightmare, every time you laid your head down to sleep you expected to arrive in your personal abyss - the plane of nothingness. This time - yet again, you were not alone.

"What are you doing, why are you on the ground?" the voice sounded so familiar, but like a word you forgot but it was just on the tip of your tongue, you couldn't connect the voice to a face.

"Why are you even here?" the voice continued to interrogate.

"I don't need you anymore," were they talking to you?

"I don't want you."

 it slammed into you like a brick wall - the voice belonged to Xiao. 

Your eyes opened, and the world around you was as blank as all the previous times, but instead of the glowing white, you were surrounded by a darkened grey. Xiao's face was above you, bordered by a vignette of blurry vision. His words felt like a dagger in your chest as you looked down blood stained into your clothes as it dripped onto the contrasting white ground. 

"Didn't you hear me?" he scowled.

His words turned into a hand, it held you by your throat, pushing your head up to face him. You tried, over and over again but no words escaped from your lips. Your throat felt dry and every voiceless word escaping your lips felt like claws.

Stop.

"You disgust me."

Stop.

"Did you seriously think I liked you?"

Stop.

Stop.

Stop!

Three days, three days left until the boat for Inazuma would depart. Three days you thought would be spent trying to help Xiao, but that had all changed. Xiao didn't want you around, which he made clear last night.

You were lying in the bed of the same room you and Xiao were hiding in just a few days prior. You remembered the firm protective grip he had on your shoulders; his hands were rough from the thousands of years of battle he experienced but they still gave you a certain comfort.

The guest room of the funeral parlour was bare, to say the least. There wasn't a single decoration in the room, except for a hand-painted portrait of some part of Liyue you couldn't remember off the top of your head. Everything else was the same as your first visit.

Last night you were greeted by a (thankfully) safe Paimon who was kept company by Hu Tao and Zhongli - again while you were gone. Unfortunately, Zhongli wasn't present when you came, so you couldn't tell him that you would accept his offer to leave Liyue, but before that, you still had work to do.

"Y/N, are you awake yet?" called a familiar high-pitched voice from the opposite side of the door.

"Yeah, just give me a minute," you called in response before getting out of bed and changing into your clothes; you had borrowed pyjamas from Hu Tao last night.