𝐄𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Quick Warning: depictions of blood/violence will be mentioned in this chapter!

"So, should we do what we came here for?" is what you said with your hand out extended to the boy who was still crouching on the ground in front of you

Reluctantly, Xiao took your hand and you pulled him to his feet and he cleared his throat.

"Let's go," he said plainly, he turned his back towards you and he started walking south.

You quickly took the chance to follow him, you ran up to him and tugged on the fabric that was clinging to his arm, he stopped and turned to you looking annoyed.

"Wait a sec for me" you exclaim, walking beside him and quickly adapting to his pace but you don't let go of his sleeve.

"Why are you still holding me?" he scolds.

"I can't let you run away on me, can I?" you smile.

Xiao just scowls and turns away, letting you hold onto him and you laugh to yourself.

As the two of you walk across southern Tianheng mountain, gradually descending and keeping an eye out for enemies, your mind is trying to plan what you're going to do when you have a chance to confront the Qixing.

What are you thinking anyway? Running off with an Adeptus and making an enemy with the Qixing, was it really worth it?

You clench your fist thinking about it, feeling anger rise inside of you as your gaze wanders and you autonomously keep walking.

An arm extends to cover your chest, stopping you in your tracks and you feel yourself almost tripping over. You look down to your hand which was still clasped on Xiao's sleeve and you loosen your grip and look up to Xiao. He's looking down at you motioning to be quiet, you listen and look at him quizzically.

Xiao points down below the two of you, a mob of five Fatui agents were roaming around. You had a lump in your throat, you had never seen more than two, three at the most together at a time.

Xiao took your hand and pulled you behind a rock and away from the earshot of the Fatui.

"We take out the hydro Legionnaire first, then the two vanguards and finally we can easily take the bracers," he planned, exactly how you would have done but instead you just nodded and decided to follow his plan, your confidence had been wounded from your last encounter with a Fatui agent and you felt your anxiety rising but you remained calm on the outside.

"We plunge from above, you take out the Legionnaire while I defend you, then we split up for the rest, I can't use my full power without killing you so we must work together"

You felt a bit guilty, dragging Xiao down but you shook that off and decided to use this opportunity to show him your strength.

Xiao takes the mask that was attached to his waist and hands it to you, you take it from him and study it, it was a yaksha mask which had an intricate gold design with what looks like fangs protruding from the mouth, you couldn't tell what it was made of but it felt strong.