𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐞-𝐓𝐢𝐞𝐝. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐗

A/N: hehe part 10 I don't even know if people read this but we're finally on part ten, sorry this was so slow but after this part, I think I'm going to update it a bit slower and focus more on editing my previous parts as some of them aren't up to the quality I would like, well if you read this I love you! But be assured this is not the end unless I change my mind in the future! I will be updating less frequently as I'm currently working on a Childe x Reader story which I aim to have the first chapter out this week sometime! Anyways thank you all and enjoy. <3 I'm aiming for 12 parts to this unless that's not enough or I want to continue :)

It didn't take you long to reach the top of Mount Tianheng, you were too busy thinking about how your plan would work out and thinking about everything that could go wrong to focus on your stamina

Xiao didn't take much longer than you did, he started long after you but managed to catch up within a minute, then he was ahead of you and before you knew it he was reaching down an arm to pull you up. 

"Thanks" you grunt as you push yourself up from one last crevice and a few rocks fall out and fall to the ground, you look over your shoulder, you were up high. Your muscles tensed up and Xiao pulled you over the edge.

"Well, we're here now" he commented.

"What time do you think it is?" you ask stretching your arms and legs.

Xiao looked up at the sky, the sun west, it was going to set soon.

"Probably around 6?" he guessed.

You were going to have to wait a while, it was summer in Liyue meaning the days were long and nights were shorter.

The Lantern Rite, the biggest event in the Liyue calendar, everyone is going to be drowning in work, tourists will be filling the streets and excitement will be high, you had never seen a lantern rite before and you were hoping you would have a chance to see it tonight.

"Hey Xiao, why do you let the Qixing take credit for the Adepti's work?" you ask, you still didn't understand how the whole situation worked.

"It doesn't matter, I haven't done anything that would deserve praise or admiration," he said, folding his arms.

"What do you mean, haven't you been protecting Liyue for years?" you ask bewildered.

"No, I've been fulfilling a promise I made, nothing I can do will clear me of what I have done before, so instead I owe my life to Morax".

 You don't answer Xiao, you felt bad for him, you could tell he has been through a lot, you didn't know what it could be but he definitely carried a lot of baggage, maybe if you try hard enough he would tell you about it, one day.

Instead of talking anymore the two of you separated, Xiao went hunting for food and you went to look for wood to make a fire. 

You didn't know where Xiao was going but you made your way higher up the mountain, you could see some tree's by a hilichurl camp, you were wary about how there was a shielded mita churl as well as an abyss mage. Your wound still hadn't healed and you still haven't had a chance to check it, so your best bet was not to make it worse.