𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈

You jerk straight up in your bed, waking up, covered in sweat and your dry throat dry and sore

You jerk straight up in your bed, waking up, covered in sweat and your dry throat dry and sore. A wet towel falls off your forehead and your vision becomes clearer as you notice Paimon and Verr on either side of you with worried expressions on their faces. You stay sitting upright trying to catch your breath, you feel yourself tearing up a bit. Your mind foggy but relieved it was all a dream, but it felt so real.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Verr asked, Paimon nodding vigorously behind her.

"Um, yes, just a bad dream, what are you two doing here?" you asked, picking up the towel, confused.

"Y/N? You were yelling, screaming practically, everyone was worried, but after a while, you just stopped I guess" Paimon explained, you felt yourself go red with embarrassment. You covered your face.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Verr, it's probably not good for business to have someone screaming, scaring away the customers, I'm so, so sorry" you felt like you were going to melt into a puddle and evaporate in humiliation. Verr tsk-ed at you.

"Don't be ridiculous Y/N, you are one of Liyues saviour's, possibly twice at that" Verr was good at comforting people and it had already made you feel better.

"I guess but, still," you say scratching the back of your head.

"Are you sure you are alright, Y/N?" Verr asks her worried expression coming back.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine, It probably because I stayed up too late last night, I know I promised you but I couldn't sleep".

"Don't fret over it, you just need your energy back and stop overthinking about stuff, you always look like you have something on your mind, never have I seen you fully relax".

"There is not much time to rest nowadays, but it's fine, I enjoy working, I would be more stressed not doing work" you laugh but Verr grumbles.

"Only because you would be thinking of what work you should be doing".

"Exactly, but that doesn't bother me, honestly, I'm fine, thank you Verr... uh- but what time is it? I need to get to Liyue as quickly as possible, it's urgent"

"Oh, of course, it's only around noon, you should be able to get there before 2 pm, but I really think you should stay here and rest or at least just do some easy commissions instead".

"Thank you Verr, Paimon and I will get out of here for the day, is there commissions you need to be done?" you ask, wanting to make it up to her, Verr sighed knowing that you weren't going to stay and rest.

"Well, now that you mention it, would you mind collecting some steaks for Smiley? He is getting on my nerves recently, and any jueyun chilli would be a great plus," she asks graciously.

"Of course" you smile.

"Yea! Y/N and Paimon can get anything done!" Paimon says proudly which makes you laugh, and with that, you get up and get dressed glad to have things to keep your mind off the dream.