𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠.- 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐗𝐈

You could tell Xiao was annoyed but he didn't question you anymore and let you lead him towards Feiyun Slope, you wondered if Xiao knew what you were going to do

When you make it to the top of the stairway leading down you stop, you weren't going to make it down by yourself with this mask on and you didn't want to risk taking it off and being seen.

Xiao scowls and takes the lead and steers you down each stair.

"Step," he said on every ledge, instructing you when to walk, you giggled while walking, you felt like a child learning to walk. Xiao doesn't stop to ask you what you are laughing at, angrily as he is too busy commanding each of your steps.

"Just tell me where we're going or else we are going to run out of time" you sighed but he was right, the Lantern Rite would start in less than half an hour but it still killed the surprise by telling him where you wanted to go.

"Fine then, just bring me to where the merchants are" surprisingly he didn't seem to understand or at least he didn't make a point of it.

You walked briskly through the crowd, feeling more at ease this time. It didn't take long for the pair of you to make it by the docks, the busiest part of the whole harbour and where the lantern Rite was going to begin.

"We are here, now what?" Xiao asks, uncomfortably, you felt idiotic, you should have realised sooner but of course, he didn't like being around people, it made so much sense now but you were too dense to notice before. You decide to continue with your plan quickly.

With the small area of vision you had, you made your way to a merchant selling Xiao lanterns "Uh two" you hold up two fingers and point at the lanterns.

"Sure thing, your mask is beautiful, where did you get it?" the woman asked, making small talk while she got the lanterns.

"Um, I borrowed it from a friend" you answer, as much as the truth as you could.

"Although, it looks a bit different than the other skybracer masks' the woman observed.

"Sky Bracer?" you query and the merchant gave you a confused expression.

"Sky Bracer, the fallen Adeptus..." she says as if you're supposed to understand, which you really should have but didn't, you crooked your head to the side, "...the Adeptus that the Lantern Rite is In honour for, are you a tourist?" you bow in apology.

"Forgive, the name slipped my mind, ehe-"

"Well, here you go, two lanterns, that will be five-hundred mora" she smiles.

"Yes, of course," thankfully you still had some mora on you and you gave the amount to the merchant.

"Happy Lantern Rite!" the woman wishes you.

"You too," you answer, waving at her as you walk away.

You make your way back to Xiao with the lanterns in your hand, they were collapsed so you held them both in one hand and you waved your other around for Xiao to take which he did with an exasperated sigh.