𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐕𝐈𝐈

Your shoes clicked along the stone ground as you ran through the main city of Liyue, you took long deep breaths and brushed past people as they came and went again

Your shoes clicked along the stone ground as you ran through the main city of Liyue, you took long deep breaths and brushed past people as they came and went again. You could feel the presence of Paimon following behind you.

As the two of you make your way through the main street you start to feel a bit nervous about going through with this whole plan, but you quickly shake it off.

You hoped that you wouldn't be late for Xiao as you ran up the first flight of steps, up to where madame ping usually resides, she wasn't there today, unfortunately. You sigh and dig your heels into the ground when you see Xiao standing around the corner, waiting for you.

"There you are, finally," he says, scornfully.

"Sorry, ehe" you respond.

"I never wanted to do this in the first place, we should have just left as soon as we had the chance" the Adeptus responds, but why would he agree to your plan then?

"Well anyway, if this does go sour at least this won't be our first time escaping from the milleth" you grin, thinking back to when you first travelled to Liyue during the rite of descension.

"You say that as if it's a good thing" Xiao tsk-ed at you.

"And you say that as if it's a bad thing! Last time it got all cleared up soon enough, besides now we got more practice".

"A mere misunderstanding is a bit different to breaking a contract with the Liyue Qixing, wouldn't you say?".

"Hmm, maybe just a tad?" you smile doing your best thinking pose, hiding your actual nerves.

"Come on then let's get this over with!" Paimon says, dragging you by the arm.

"I will be waiting for you outside" Xiao adds as you are dragged away by Paimon.

You give Xiao a wave and a nod and shake Paimon off her a walk towards the building that; once you were inside, would decide your fate.

When you were outside the doors of the Qixing headquarters there was no one outside, unusually. You decide to push open the huge door with one more breath of courage and you close your eyes.

When you enter the headquarters you feel eyes on you, more than usual, maybe it was the nerves.

"Y/N, thank Archons you're here!" the half-human, half adepti Ganyu called "are you feeling better, I was so worried!".

"Ah, Ganyu, hello, I'm much better now, thank you." you greet with an awkward grin and a bow, which made you realise your wound was still painful.

"What is it Y/N?" Ninguang asked, getting straight down to the seriousness, as per usual.

"Um, well" you start to say.

"Y/N have you got any more updates on that Adeptus?" Keqing asked, which made you even more flustered.