𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬' 𝐎𝐚𝐭𝐡. - 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐗𝐈𝐈

ᵒᵐᵍ, ᵗʰⁱˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ¹ᵏ ᵛⁱᵉʷˢ ⁱⁿ ᵃ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ, ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ! ᴵ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵒʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʰᵃᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ᵇˡᵒᶜᵏ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ᵇᵘᵗ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ, ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸˢ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᵉˣᵖᵉʳⁱᵉⁿᶜᵉᵈ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵉⁿˢʰⁱⁿ ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈᵗʳᵃᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ʳᵉᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᶻᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ, ʰᵉʰ.

Quick TW: slight mentions of blood (bloody nose).

"Can I ask you one more question?" You ask with a pause "what did you wish for?"

Xiao's extended hand had become still and his unstable eyes looked like ones of a cat.

"You did wish for something, didn't you?" another question you add to his list, but somehow you didn't want to know, at least with not knowing you had the security to believe that he could have had the same as yours. Although, it was selfish of you to have this thought, wasn't it?

"Telling your wish to others is pointless if it hasn't come true if what you wish for is interfered with by people who you've told is it really a wish come true?" The boy answered, straightening himself up from leaning over you, "Only reveal your wish when it is granted".

"But what if your wish would only be fulfilled at death?" you look over at Xiao who had turned away and you lean back, readying yourself to stand up.

"depends on what you're wishing for, would it be important for you to tell someone what your wish was?" he queries back, looking over his shoulder.

The wind was starting to pick up slightly as midnight passed and a new year on the Liyue calendar took place. The city of Liyue was still lively as lanterns were re-lit and cheers along with chatter that took place again. The lanterns that were flooded into the sky were slowly disappearing from sight as well as the skybracer which was long gone and the light from the full moon took their place joined by thousands of bright stars.

You look over to the bridge connecting the main city to the industrial side of Liyue, a couple were standing looking at each other, hands clasped over each others. If only you could live like them, live normally, but you knew that could never happen, at least not until you found your brother.

Your eyelids are feeling heavy as your gaze falls down and your head lulls to the side, you hear a small sigh beside you as your consciousness falls in and out and you forget to answer Xiao.

"Yes," you say quietly with a small smile and stretch out your arms slightly and let out a small yawn.

It was undeniable, you were exhausted, you felt like you couldn't move even though you knew you had to go find Paimon. Your limbs were being held down by weights and your eyelids felt just as heavy, you tried to get up but you couldn't, you couldn't even open your eyes. It was no use no matter how hard you tried but as much as you hated to admit it, it felt nice, rest was what you needed and all of your energy was drained.