11: Love At Last

Your heart began to race in your chest, and you let out a frail sigh.

You were at a loss for what to say.

As much as you didn't want to admit it, you had indeed fallen in love with him. But you still figured that he could do so much better. He should find another woman to be his wife. A woman who is warm just as he is and not cold as ice.

"I..." You begin, "please tell me you're not just saying you love me because you only find me attractive." You asked him, praying that's not the real reason.

Kyojuro's unwavering stare told you no lies as he gave you an earnest but proud smile, further proving the lengths he would go through just to have you.

"That's not the important thing, my love! I love everything about you, and I love being with you. I don’t want to hide it any longer." He tells you.

"Don’t you feel the same?”

"I-I do, but a life with me brings nothing but misery. I am the Yuki-onna; everywhere I go, the cold follows." You say.

"You may catch a cold."

"I can deal with it! Besides, I simply would mind spending my life wrapped in a blanket with a nice warm bowl of chicken noodle soup!♡" He beams.

"Also, you don't need to worry because I'll keep you warm, my love!"

No risk seemed too great for him, and truthfully, it was enough to win your heart over.

“B-but wouldn't you rather keep your prospect as a young bachelor?" You asked him.

"Nope." He replies bluntly, his smile only widening. "I choose you to be my wife! I'm in love with you, [Name], Yuki-onna of Yukiyama, and I would love nothing more than to share my life with you! I want to be your husband."

Your jaw dropped. You swear, you could feel his entire body vibrate with excitement.

"So, would you accept me, just as I have accepted you?" He asked you, glancing at you with passion.

Still speechless, you inwardly yelled at yourself to say something, but your mouth felt dry like wool.

Evidently, you do.

"Are you being brutally honest?" You asked him while trying to keep your emotions from overflowing with the same euphoria.

"I am." He chortles lightly, a faint blush dusting his cheeks.

Tears of joy begin to appear in the corners of your eyes as your expression softens, and a smile starts to grow on your lips.

"Well, there's something I need to tell you." You said.

Since he is being honest, you suggest you'd do the same.

"When you first arrived in Kazahana, the reason I followed you was because I became attracted to you!" You admitted.

"At first, I didn't really understand what came over me." You looked away from him, blushing shyly.

"I was so captivated by you that I felt the need to be closer to you. I guess you could say I was like moth being drawn to a flame?" You give a dry laugh at the clichéd joke.