Chapter 6: Death Do Us Part

Ava's POV

As soon as I walk in with my brother Victor, I see Ace's head snap up to me.

Even while walking down the aisle I can feel his eyes staring at me. Was there mascara in the wrong place? Was my veil put on the wrong way?

I hated the fact that he wouldn't stop staring.

I hated the way I liked it.

Finally, we reached the stand. My brother held my veil up for a second and kissed my cheek.

"I love you Ava," he said with tearful eyes.

I just smiled, too scared that if I opened my mouth I would burst into tears. Then he turned to Ace and put on a serious face.

"Make her sad and you deal with me."

He took my hand and put it in Ace's hand.

I feel a shiver down my spine as my hands feel the cold touch of his.

The priest starts to speak about our vows, but I'm not listening. I'm staring at Ace stare at me. All the chaos in my life just stops, and all I can think about is him. Everything else just...stops.

His perfect black hair, with every strand exactly where it should be. His suit fits him perfectly  and yet still shows all his muscles. I just can't seem to get enough of him.

"Ace, do you take Ava Arden to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to hold, for better and worse, in sickness and in health forsaking all others, for as long as you shall both live?"

"I do," he says, his voice strong, but lacking any warmth.

Then the priest looks at me. "Ava, do you take Ace Vitello to have and to hold, for better and worse, to take care of when he is sick, and to listen during trouble? Do you promise to love and cherish him for as long as you both shall live?"

Love

The word hits me like a hurricane. The word love forms a knot in my stomach and I feel nauseous all over again. A moment passes and Ace squeezes my hand, and I find it in me to answer.

"I do."

Ace's lips start to tug upwards, and a smirk appears on his beautiful face.

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest says as he steps away and looks at Ace.

"As if I need permission for that," Ace mutters, thinking I won't hear him.

A glimpse of fear flashes into my eyes, but he seems to ignore it. He laces one hand around my head and one on my waist, tugging me closer. His lips come close to mine, and as soon as they touch, a fire is set in my stomach as butterflies arise.

Great.

Fucking butterflies.

He then pulls away from me but keeps one hand on my waist, keeping a firm grip.

"I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Vitello," the priest declares.

A few minutes later we walk around to the tables in order to say our thanks and greetings. I didn't really know a lot of the people considering that the wedding was on such short notice, but I played the part of the dutiful wife and stuck by Ace, greeting people alongside him.

We finally reached the table where my sister was seated with her husband Matteo Dawson.

I had only met Matteo a few times, but he treated me and my sister politely and decently in all our interactions. He treated me like I was his sister.