Chapter 11: Believe

Ace's POV

I feel as if someone's hand moves from my arm to across my tummy.

Opening my eyes I see the woman I'm going soft for. Normally I wouldn't care this much about a girl but she's different. She drives me crazy and I'll do anything to make sure no harm comes to her. I wish we could just stay in this bed forever. Just the two of us.

Looking at the clock on the wall I curse at myself.

I have to get up.

I turn my head to Ava and mutter to myself, "Without waking her up"

After a billion years of trying to get out of the room without making noise, I find myself in my office thinking about what to tell my father when he finds out I killed one of our allies. Not that he could do anything to me but he would surely make a big deal out of it.

Suddenly the door flung open and the person I least wanted to see barged in without knocking.

"What the hell were you thinking? Killing out allies heir? Are you crazy!" he roared.

Thankfully Ava was upstairs so she most likely couldn't hear anything.

"I don't give a shit. He roofied Ava and tried to rape her!" I yelled back.

"Who cares? You didn't marry her to protect her! You married her because that's the only way you can become Capo." he yelled.

"This is my final warning. If you get too close to her, I will kill her. No son of mine needs a weakness in their life." he said rolling his eyes.

"Touch her and I will rip your throat out" I hissed at him.

"We'll see about that" he chuckled and with that, he left.

Shit.

What am I going to do? I can't lose her too. She's the only innocent thing I have in my life. I had to do something. My father's threats have never been joked about because in the end they always come true.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was still 7, so I didn't feel like waking Ava up. She must have been tired after the night she had.

I smiled as the butterflies took over my stomach.

Great.

Ace Vitiello gets butterflies. What am I? 12?

If it wasn't for my asshole of a father I would have gone into bed with her right now and kept her close to me.

Buzz..(sound of text)

I looked down and horror flashed through my eyes. He was going to send someone to keep an eye on us and to make sure we don't get too comfortable with each other, and if we did he would kill her.

Fuck.

I had to do something. Fast.

After about 30 minutes I had a plan. I would do something that would probably make her hate me forever. I was with her last night and tonight...tonight I will be with someone else. The only problem is getting her to see it.

I can't believe I'm doing this, this is something my father used to do to my mother when I was younger. I still remembered my father had another woman in his bed the night after he killed my mother.

I called for the maid and gave her clear instructions on what and when exactly to do it. I went to the room she was sleeping at to see her face once more before it got filled with hatred.

Hatred towards me.

Finding a girl wasn't that hard, considering there were many who would throw themselves at me even when knowing I was married. I went to check on Ava once more and thankfully she was still asleep.